right way to remove a toss?

John Hanna

Apr 5, 2021, 1:41:58 PM4/5/21
to tins...@googlegroups.com

Greetings all you prob/stat folks!

I’m working on a program to toss a die when you press some key and add the tossed value to a list for plotting a Frequency histogram.

I want another keypress to remove an element from that list. What , in your view, is the ‘best’ method to implement ‘remove’:

  1. remove last element (last toss),
  2. remove first element,
  3. remove a random element or…
  4. If there’s at least one element in the list: toss the die until it’s in the list and remove that value.
  5. Other?
  6. Doesn’t matter

Be Excellent,

     John Hanna

eagl...@duetsoftware.ca

Apr 5, 2021, 2:58:17 PM4/5/21
to tins...@googlegroups.com
I’d say c or d, to keep with the random nature of the program, but I would also implement a separately as an undo, in case you hit the add button too many times.

On Apr 5, 2021, at 10:42 AM, John Hanna <johne...@gmail.com> wrote:

The tns documents shared by group members are archived at
https://sites.google.com/site/tinspiregroup/classroom-news/welcome-abouttime

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tinspire" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tinspire/007001d72a42%24f9a50a70%24ecef1f50%24%40gmail.com.