changes in vncserver@.service template

OTN Dude

Aug 15, 2019, 9:51:31 AM8/15/19
to TigerVNC Developer Discussion
Hello,

Previous tigervnc-server instalaltions (1.8.0) installed with 2 different versions of the vncserver@.service files - one released for 7.4 and another update.

Does someone know the reason for the change?

[Service]
Type=forking
User=<USER>

# Clean any existing files in /tmp/.X11-unix environment
ExecStartPre=-/usr/bin/vncserver -kill %i
ExecStart=/usr/bin/vncserver %i
PIDFile=/home/<USER>/.vnc/%H%i.pid
ExecStop=-/usr/bin/vncserver -kill %i

The update to 1.8.0-5 changed it to:

[Service]
Type=forking

# Clean any existing files in /tmp/.X11-unix environment
ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c '/usr/bin/vncserver -kill %i > /dev/null 2>&1 || :'
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/runuser -l <USER> -c "/usr/bin/vncserver %i"
PIDFile=/home/<USER>/.vnc/%H%i.pid
ExecStop=/bin/sh -c '/usr/bin/vncserver -kill %i > /dev/null 2>&1 || :'

In 1.9.0, it's changed again to use systemctl --user, which is perhaps not a good idea because you cannot log in as root and use systemctl --user after su - user or runuser command. The error is "failed to connect to bus"

Brian Hinz

Aug 15, 2019, 10:02:16 AM8/15/19
to OTN Dude, TigerVNC Developer Discussion
Are you referring to our releases or RedHat’s?  I see no such change in our releases.

Sent from Gmail Mobile