Commits and transaction logs for TiddlyWiki

TonyM

Mar 10, 2018, 8:01:17 PM3/10/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Folks,

I was thinking how or can I identify uncommitted changes to an open tiddlywiki, when I also edit system files $:/ while developing solutions. Further one solution that I am developing to manage the disposition of tiddlers, allows date field time stamps to be updated without altering the modified date, but these are changes I would not like to loose.

It brings me to ask the community, is their a way to identify changes to an open tiddlyWiki, tiddlers with changes that have not being "committed" or saved, regardless of dates etc...

It would seem to me that such a capability would support transactions logs, commit and rollback features in TiddlyWikis. Such features could underlie shared and multi-user solutions and potentially identify conflicts.

Regards
Tony

WiM

Mar 11, 2018, 5:16:02 AM3/11/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Tony,
maybe you can look at
twjam5beta at tiddlyspot
I 'm working on a solution about versioning thtat might address your challeng as well.
kr
wjam

TonyM

Mar 11, 2018, 5:35:54 PM3/11/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Wjam,

twjam5beta looks sophisticated and feature rich, Good work, Please also consider the basic or entry level user.

I will monitor this, thanks. I also found the "official Plugin"

$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/savetrail

Auto-download modified tiddlers

This plugin causes TiddlyWiki to continuously download (as a JSON file) the contents of any tiddler that is manually changed by any of several means:

  • Confirming an edit
  • Deleting tiddlers
  • Imports
  • Renames/relinks
  • Optionally, typing in draft tiddlers can trigger a download

Although I have not tested it yet.

Regards
Tony