Plugins and documentation

Stephan Hradek

Feb 22, 2018, 2:56:54 AM2/22/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Thanks to Matthew Lauber I've managed to put my first action widget plugin online https://skeeve.github.io/tw5-plugins

More will come.

But now how would I put the documentation into the plugin?

Is there any standard yet?

Just if you're curious. The widget is called like this:

<$action-increment $reference="<textreference>"/>

and it will increment the first number it finds stored in the textreference.

so "1" will become "2"

"test 007" will become "test 008"

"2 fast 4 u" will become "3 fast 4 u"

Matthew Lauber

Feb 22, 2018, 10:08:45 AM2/22/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hey Steven,

In short, you can include documentation tiddlers in the plugin.  In order to do so, they must start with the name of the plugin, so in this case $:/plugins/skeeve/action-incrment/ and in the plugin.info file in the list field add the remainder of the name.

So for example, to add a readme to your action-increment widget.  You would need to:
  1. Create a tiddler named $:/plugins/skeeve/action-incrment/readme and add the desired text to it.
  2. edit plugin.info file and set the list field equal to "readme"
The standard documentation requested is a readme file and a license file  to implement both you'd have list: "readme license"

Stephan Hradek

Feb 22, 2018, 4:33:26 PM2/22/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Thanks Matt.

I'm wondering thogh what the icon, which is described in the tiddler you linked, is for.

And can I have one icon for each plugin?

Will experiment a bit.

Thomas Elmiger

Mar 2, 2018, 1:45:44 PM3/2/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Yes, you can/must have an icon per plugin. The icon is shown in the control panel’s plugin list.

Here is one of the more colourful examples:
https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#%24%3A%2FControlPanel

Good luck!
Thomas

Stephan Hradek

Mar 2, 2018, 1:59:34 PM3/2/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Thanks thomas… My question was badly worded:

Can I have one and the same icon for all my plugins - without having to include it into each plugin.

I guess the answer is "no".

Thomas Elmiger

Mar 2, 2018, 2:08:52 PM3/2/18
to TiddlyWikiDev