Tobias Beer Update

Diego Mesa

Jan 10, 2020, 10:45:03 PM1/10/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hello all,

I know its normal for people to come and go, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the great Tobias Beer?

Best,
Diego

Alex Hough

Jan 14, 2020, 6:12:08 AM1/14/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi All,

I know that he's a very generous creative fellow ... other than that I don't know.

Alex

Jeremy Ruston

Jan 14, 2020, 8:14:42 AM1/14/20
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Tobias has been an influential and prolific contributor to TW5 right back to September 2013, and before that he was heavily involved with TW Classic. He also took part in many of the TiddlyWiki Hangouts.

His first commit to TW5:

Looking through his commits you’ll see that like many contributors his involvement has been sporadic:

No doubt there are many reasons that people come and go, but when I had the chance to discuss it with Tobias I think it was just the ebbs and flows of the other demands on his time.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Diego Mesa

Jeremy Ruston

Jan 14, 2020, 11:27:16 AM1/14/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Indeed, Tobias’ contribution has been very substantial, and I still much appreciate discussing things with him in the early days. I just dropped him a line via his old email address drawing his attention to this thread,

Best wishes

Jeremy.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/d71c6306-95c2-4c38-bb33-0b10b7c4735d%40googlegroups.com.

PMario

Jan 14, 2020, 1:06:42 PM1/14/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi,
It's quite some time, since I had contact with him. ... I'll ping him on skype. We'll see what happens.
have fun!
mario

PMario

Jan 15, 2020, 5:42:32 AM1/15/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 7:06:42 PM UTC+1, PMario wrote:
 ... I'll ping him on skype. We'll see what happens.

Hi,
Tobias did respond yesterday. He seems to be OK and busy with his family. ... He sent me an image of an adorable baby-boy named: Jacob Emil.
That's it for now. If I hear more I'll let you know.

have fun!
mario

Diego Mesa

Jan 15, 2020, 9:59:24 AM1/15/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Thanks Mario and Jeremy! Glad to know hes doing well. Please let him know the TW community (I hope I can speak for everyone on this one point!) appreciates him!

Julio Peña

Jan 16, 2020, 6:17:10 PM1/16/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hello all,

I can say the same...his creativity is what inspired me to continue using TiddlyWiki.
Yes, he's pretty much missed. I'm glad to hear he's OK, however.

Best regards to all,

Julio

Alex Hough

Jan 17, 2020, 2:35:32 PM1/17/20