TiddlyWiki ControlPanel Appearance Bug

Adam Antios

Jun 27, 2018, 8:23:18 PM6/27/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
In the TiddlyWiki if you go to Settings -> Appearance -> Toolbars there is a bug, which is that the text appearing there is longer than the width of the tiddler.

TonyM

Jun 27, 2018, 8:41:29 PM6/27/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Adam,

I see what you are saying. In some ways the button author should restrict this to a short description, and it would be a problem in very few cases such as in particular screen sizes and zoom level.

However it should be quite fixable.

Regards
Tony

Adam Antios

Jun 27, 2018, 8:47:06 PM6/27/18
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure that I understand what you are saying but I just mentioned it because it is a bug and I wanted to let the community know about it.

Thanks for the quick response though, I appreciate it.
Message has been deleted

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 28, 2018, 7:02:26 AM6/28/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
eek the image left ... I meant ... do you mean this behaviour? ...

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Adam Antios

Jun 28, 2018, 7:10:42 AM6/28/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Yes, exactly.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 28, 2018, 7:32:22 AM6/28/18
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Adam,

Its not exactly a "bug". Its more a visual design problem. If you wrapped the text then the items would get spaced so it would look like the "Tools menu" which can be even more of a visual mess ...

I wrote about this before. I can't find the post, as it was over a year ago, saying I thought explicitly showing those descriptive texts was overkill. The button says it already so why write more?

Jeremy Ruston replied to that the explicit descriptions are needed for smartphone users.

There is a way to turn OFF the descriptions so they don't appear. I don't have the code to hand. I will see if I can find it.

Hope that this helps you understand it even if it doesn't solve it.

Best wishes
Josiah

On Thursday, 28 June 2018 13:10:42 UTC+2, Adam Antios wrote:
Yes, exactly.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 28, 2018, 8:42:51 AM6/28/18
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
FYI, because of your post, I created a GitHub Issue about this here: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3344

Best wishes
Josiah

Adam Antios

Jun 28, 2018, 8:49:21 AM6/28/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Josiah thank you very much for the nice explanation as well as for the issue on GitHub.

Kind regards,
Adam