[TW5] Is there a simple way to realise a share button?

an...@janusweb.info

Apr 4, 2018, 4:53:34 PM4/4/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
It would be nice to have a share button in TW5 which makes it possible to share the browser adress of a permaview over whatsapp or e-mail or other programs.

Currently i'm using the permaview-button (#) in TW5 to change the browser adress bar to form a permaview adress and then I use the share function of my google chrome browser on my android-phone to share this link with my friends over whatsapp. It works but it is circuitous.

Is there a simple way to realise a share button directly in TW5?

I did not find a plugin for TW5 which does that useful job. :-(

Matthew Lauber

Apr 4, 2018, 10:13:11 PM4/4/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Take a look at this.  https://developer.chrome.com/multidevice/android/intents  Based on what I'm reading there, a share button is just a <a> tag with a specialized href value.

an...@janusweb.info

Apr 10, 2018, 1:13:58 PM4/10/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
It is easy to start whatsapp from a TW5-Tiddler: [ext[share with WhatsApp|whatsapp://send?text=permaview-URL]]

But how do i get the necessary permaview-URL?

A TW5-Plugin would be nice which places a share-button with the common icon in the TW5-Sidebar.

Has nobody an already working sollution?

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 10, 2018, 2:26:42 PM4/10/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
There has been a lot of work done on this. Its not been wrapped into a plugin which is why you probably did not find it.

Basically a lot of "share mechanisms" utilise "URL posting". If what you need is that I suggest you look to Riz's Network poster for a basic model that should be easy to modify for further networks. https://ibnishak.github.io/Tesseract/pluginsandmacros/socialmacros/index.html

Best wishes
Josiah