Serving external resources from TW5 node server

joearms

Mar 3, 2018, 10:06:23 AM3/3/18
to TiddlyWikiDev

I'm using TW5 node server.

In order to add a local image from an external (ie not the node server) server I did this :

1) create a tiddler image.jpg

2) set the mime type to image/jpg

3) set _canonical_uri to the correct address in this case http://localhost:9000/image.jpgwhich is where I put my external server.

So Now I have two servers running

One on 127.0.0.1:8080 which is the node.js server

One on localhost:9000 which is my little local server

This works fine - but ...

Can I serve the image from the node server?

I'd like one rather than two servers running

Cheers

/Joe

Simon Huber

Mar 3, 2018, 11:38:36 AM3/3/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Joe, I cannot give you an immediate solution, but there's this project called TW5-MultiUser on github

I think it's interesting to watch, I haven't tried it yet

It states that it's able to live-reload when something changes in the wiki folder
Maybe it also solves the external files problem that one has to rely on a second server

Another project is called TiddlyServer here which allows relative linking of external files
I've used this one and liked it a lot

Simon

Riz

Mar 4, 2018, 12:16:51 PM3/4/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/tree/http-server

This branch seems to  solve your issue. It is not merged to the main yet. But you can fork out the TW and merge it in your local repo and use it.