[TiddlyDesktop] in linux app stores

Simon Huber

Feb 11, 2018, 6:42:36 AM2/11/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hello @devs, @Jermolene,

I don't know if there's already been discussion about providing easier access to TiddlyDesktop through app stores

I've recently tried a very popular linux distribution called elementary os (which is ubuntu-based), https://elementary.io -
It has an app-store that allows voluntary donations when installing apps and I thought that could be something for TD. The deployment is handled by connecting a dedicated github repo (https://developer.elementary.io/) , which seems suitable.

I think TW could benefit from having TD right there in a (linux) app-store, and (linux) TD users, too

Simon

Simon Huber

Feb 11, 2018, 7:53:09 AM2/11/18
to TiddlyWikiDev
sort of a fail here: the app must be a native gtk3 app

Jeremy Ruston

Feb 12, 2018, 1:08:41 PM2/12/18
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon

I don't know if there's already been discussion about providing easier access to TiddlyDesktop through app stores

Great idea. Getting it in the Mac App Store is, I think, feasible, because nwjs explicitly supports it. I’ve no experience of the Windows app store, or the Linux equivalents.

I've recently tried a very popular linux distribution called elementary os (which is ubuntu-based), https://elementary.io -
It has an app-store that allows voluntary donations when installing apps and I thought that could be something for TD. The deployment is handled by connecting a dedicated github repo (https://developer.elementary.io/) , which seems suitable.

Neat! We could do with automated builds for TiddlyDesktop…

Best wishes

Jeremy