Can you create columns using TiddlyWiki5 content type?

Schleckenmiester

Jun 22, 2018, 7:00:48 PM6/22/18
to TiddlyWiki
I'm trying to make a wiki for a world I'm creating. And I created a page for a race, and I want it to look similar to a wikipedia page or wikia page for whatever race you can think of. I can create a table but I can't seem to put it beside a paragraph. Take the page for a Wookie for example, there is a short description, then right beside it is a table. I want it to look like that but instead the table is below. Is it possible to do this with TiddlyWiki5? or would I have to learn some HTML or CSS?

TonyM

Jun 22, 2018, 10:38:36 PM6/22/18
to TiddlyWiki
Schleckenmiester,

Extend the size of the table to use a row column or cell in which your paragraph is placed. Using tiddlywiks table formatting you can merge and split to create any layout you need. Personaly I prefer using a basic html table and a list within it for each row and a list within that for colums in each row.

If you want more examples I can provide them when at my desktop.

Regards
Tony

Mark S.

Jun 22, 2018, 11:00:09 PM6/22/18
to TiddlyWiki
If you have a table and text:

|myclass |k
| stuff |
| more stuff |

I have lots of things to say about
this.

And then make a stylesheet tiddler like (tiddler tagged $:/tags/Stylesheet):

.myclass {float: right}

The table will float over to the right. When I've tried to capture text from WP, it appeared that they were floating their tables as well.

Good luck
--  Mark

Schleckenmiester

Jun 22, 2018, 11:46:45 PM6/22/18