TW5 beginner: sidebar, css etc

sklpns

Feb 11, 2018, 6:33:12 AM2/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Tiddlywiki friends.
I am a long time TWC user just getting my feet wet in the TW5 world.
Hence a couple of absolute beginner's questions, if I may:

1. I can't figure out how to get the recent tab in the sidebar show every tiddler edited chronologically.
It obviously only shows only ''regular'' and not system tiddlers?

(context: I need everything to be there, otherwise
I'm lost as far as getting back from mistakes is concerned.

2. I managed to create a button like this
<$button set="ViewerSource" setTo='file://C:/Google%20Drive/Documents/test.pdf'>test</$button>
How can I add an action to the button so the first thing it does is to switch the sidebar to a specific tab?

Also: how do I get the above to be a text link instead of a button?

(context: I've added a tab called viewer at the sidebar. It transcludes the ViewerSource tiddler which loads an iframe of
file://C:/Google%20Drive/Documents/test.pdf. So it's a viewer. But if there's another tab open I need to switch to Viewer
prior to loading the iframe per the button)

3. I need to get a third state for the topbar button: fullscreen sidebar

(context: currently it toggles between story river fullscreen and story river+sidebar.
I need a third state, fullscreen sidebar to be toggled in order to show the aforementioned Viewer fullscreen for beter reading)

4. (This is not nagging. I absolutely love TW for the past 10+ years in its various incarnations and I can only suspect and respect the amount of effort that took place behind the scenes and also by the community). Any idea how to speed TW5 up? True, I am using an old laptop, which however has an i5-2450@2.5 GH and 6GB of RAM. Seems sluggish to me, maybe because of using FF portable ESR (for saving reasons)?. Also: any intermediate guide out there for newbies minus?. I mean beyond the basic operations but not necessarily as deep as developer level (also welcome). Something like ''what you used to do with PageTemplate now you do with ...........................'' or ''the equivalent of inline scripts using InlineJavascriptPlugin is .............. and works thus................''  or ''widget/filters/whatever does this or that for you with this or that syntax''.

5. Any chance whatsoever to port TW5 plugins to TWC? (http://tiddlymap.org/ in mind). Are the two completely incompatible?

Hope this all makes sense and apologies for n.4, if one needs to study a bit  then one needs to study and TWC is always there, no worries.

Thanks in advance
sklpns

BurningTreeC

Feb 12, 2018, 12:40:31 AM2/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello @sklpns

1)  you can create a tiddler and tag it $:/tags/SideBar, that will add it as a sidebar tab
then you can list all tiddlers chronologically like this:

<$list filter="[all[tiddlers]!sort[modified]limit[100]]">

<$link to=<<currentTiddler>>><<currentTiddler>></$link>    //see here for infos about the link widget

</$list>

2)
<$button class="tc-btn-invisible">
<$list filter="[all[tiddlers]prefix[$:/state/tab/sidebar]]" variable="sidebarState">
<$action-setfield $tiddler=<<sidebarState>> $value="title of the tab tiddler, for example: $:/core/ui/SideBar/Tools"/>
</$list>
<$action-setfield $tiddler="ViewerSource" $value="file://C:/Google%20Drive/Documents/test.pdf"/>
action!</$button>

BTC

Ton Gerner

Feb 12, 2018, 5:48:04 AM2/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi sklpns,

3. I need to get a third state for the topbar button: fullscreen sidebar

(context: currently it toggles between story river fullscreen and story river+sidebar.
I need a third state, fullscreen sidebar to be toggled in order to show the aforementioned Viewer fullscreen for beter reading)

 Not exactly where you are after but may be it can help.
Have a look at my Tristate plugin, see http://tw5tristate.tiddlyspot.com/
You can test it there as well.

Cheers,

Ton

sklpns

Feb 13, 2018, 11:06:32 AM2/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
Dear friends,
thank you very much, testing as we speak.

Thanks,
sklpns