[TW5] Translucent Tiddlers

charleyc...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2017, 5:19:46 PM8/8/17
to TiddlyWiki
How do I make tiddlers translucent?

Thank you in advance!

Mat

Aug 8, 2017, 5:55:42 PM8/8/17
to TiddlyWiki
Because a tiddler consists of several fields (e.g  on for the title, one for the tags, etc), I suggest you post a screen shot of a tiddler and mark out exactly which parts you want transparent so it would be easier to give an answer. Or maybe you want "everything that is white" to be transparent?

<:-)

charleyc...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2017, 5:14:05 AM8/9/17
to TiddlyWiki
Everything white being translucent. Or dark grey, in my case (custom palette).

Mat

Aug 9, 2017, 7:44:55 AM8/9/17
to TiddlyWiki
charleyc...@gmail.com wrote:
Everything white being translucent. Or dark grey, in my case (custom palette).

Ok, then you can go to that custom palette and simply locate the color fields that have that dark gray color code, and exchange the color code for the word transparent. I think that should work. Because the changes apply "live", you'll see exactly which parts of the tiddlers that are affected.

If you want your transparent palette to be a separate palette, as opposed to modifying your current custom one, you can locate the custom palette itself and make a copy that you rename to transluscent, apply it, and make the changes there instead.

<:-)

RichardWilliamSmith

Aug 9, 2017, 8:20:35 AM8/9/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mat,

What would you put it if you wanted it only 50% transparent (~translucent). It seems like 4/8 digit codes (with alpha channel in the last 1/2) are part of the css 4 spec, but don't seem to be implemented right now (?)

Richard.

RichardWilliamSmith

Aug 9, 2017, 8:50:34 AM8/9/17
to TiddlyWiki
I'll answer my own question :) one way is to use 'rgba', like this - rgba(52,200,52,0.2) where the last value it the alpha. Should also be able to use 'hsl' but that doesn't seem to work (?)

Eric Shulman

Aug 9, 2017, 9:08:23 AM8/9/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 5:50:34 AM UTC-7, RichardWilliamSmith wrote:
I'll answer my own question :) one way is to use 'rgba', like this - rgba(52,200,52,0.2) where the last value it the alpha. Should also be able to use 'hsl' but that doesn't seem to work (?)

The values for HSL are
  hue = 0 to 360
  saturation = 0% to 100%
  lightness = 0% to 100%

Like this:
   hsl(240,50%,90%)

You can also use HSLA, which includes an "alpha channel" value between 0 and 1 to specify the opacity:

Like this:
   hsla(240,50%,90%,0.5)

* tested and confirmed on tiddlywiki.com

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools.com: "Small Tools for Big Ideas!" (tm)
InsideTiddlyWiki: The Missing Manuals

RichardWilliamSmith

Aug 9, 2017, 9:19:36 AM8/9/17
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Eric! I was missing the 'a' in hsla when I tried it. I prefer this way to rgb(a)