Slideshow effects - Incremental reveal

Mohammad

Jun 13, 2018, 8:32:55 AM6/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
Is it possible to use the Reveal Widget or other mechanism for incremental reveal in Tiddlywiki?

Assume I have something like this
  • This
  • That
  • Other
I want to reveal each item after some action like mouse click or shortcut key press.

You may know the KeeBoord plugin lets you define shortcut keys in Tiddlywiki (http://keeboord.tiddlyspot.com/)

As an example see this slidy sample from W3.org

Cheers
Mohammad

TonyM

Jun 14, 2018, 3:22:14 AM6/14/18
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad,

With version 5.1.1 the reveal widget https://tiddlywiki.com/#RevealWidget  support for comparison operators.

I suppose your slide tiddler could display a section if a value in > N when N is 1 2 and 3

You could then have a shortcut that adds one to n gradually revealing the content.  N could be be reset to 1 (or Zero) for each tiddler.

I have not played with the keyboardWidget yet but it says The keyboard shortcuts only take effect when the focus is within the contained content. Which suggests to me  that you could simply override the current next slide shortcut in tiddlers where you want revealed content.

However from a usability perspective it would be nice to indicate when more content is still to be revealed or the next slide will appear.

Regards
Tony

Mohammad

Jun 14, 2018, 4:39:12 AM6/14/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Tony!
I got the idea! A state tiddler shall be used and based on that I can incrementally show the content!
I had a look at slidesnstories but I did not figure out how <sli01></sli01> works!
It also shows the contents incrementally!
One other solution is having a small JS code! But I think the better solution is not using JS.

/Mohammad

Jan

Jun 14, 2018, 3:49:15 PM6/14/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammad,
Slidesnstories works by generating temporary Tiddlers for the content  surrounded by the tags <sli01> </sli01> (If slides are marked, otherwise the whole tiddler is shown).
These are consecutively shown by switching the field show to yes and then hidden by switching it to no when showing the next step.
A bit wierd but it works.
I would be happy to see someone using it...so if you have more questions please ask.

Yours Jan

Mohammad

Jun 15, 2018, 12:03:17 AM6/15/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,
 Thank you for your note. If I understand you have used text slicer to extract the marked text by <sli01> and then create temporary tiddlers in the story river!
One question: when these tiddlers are created? at show time?
Is there any mechanism to remove them at the end of show? If for some reason you have early exit in the middle of show, are they removed?

/Mohammad

Jan

Jun 15, 2018, 4:11:16 AM6/15/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammad,
slidesnstories does not use with the textslicer but with the extract macro by Thomas Elminger.
The temporary Tiddlers are created and deleted for each Tiddler, they are deleted when switching to the next or when leaving the show. (This is why it is not easy to find them. If you crawl through my demo you will find a button to leave saving the temp slides to see what is happening. )

Greetings Jan

/

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 12:19:15 AM UTC+4:30, Jan wrote:
Hi Mohammad,
Slidesnstories works by generating temporary Tiddlers for the content  surrounded by the tags <sli01> </sli01> (If slides are marked, otherwise the whole tiddler is shown).
These are consecutively shown by switching the field show to yes and then hidden by switching it to no when showing the next step.
A bit wierd but it works.
I would be happy to see someone using it...so if you have more questions please ask.

Yours Jan

Mohammad

Jun 15, 2018, 5:08:07 AM6/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
@Jan
Okay, so I need to see how extract work first!
I may ask more question! By the way I also try the revealwidget.

Cheers
Mohammad

Jan

Jun 15, 2018, 6:13:42 AM6/15/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammad,
if you just want to use the show, you do not have to do anything with the extractmacro. Just put the  <sli01> </sli01> tags around your steps. There even is a button to do this.

Mohammad

Jun 15, 2018, 6:18:15 AM6/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Jan,
 I read the discussion and I will check it. For now I imported your Presenter plugin in a clean empty-TW-5.1.17 and try to do what you advised!

Mohammad

Jun 15, 2018, 6:24:22 AM6/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Jan,
 To do incremental view using <slic01></slic01> is it enough to have only the presenter plugin!
For me seems it does not work!

/Mohammad

Jan

Jun 18, 2018, 5:55:04 AM6/18/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammad
Just sli: <sli01></sli01>.
I hope this helps.

Yours Jan

Mohammad

Jun 18, 2018, 8:47:36 AM6/18/18
to TiddlyWiki
Yes it works now something was wrong on my side!

Thank you Jan!