How I configure TiddlyWiki instances (guide in the works)

CJ Veniot

Jul 8, 2020, 9:44:59 PM7/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
G'day Tiddlians,

Just in case this is useful to anybody (TiddlyWiki newbs in particular) ...

I'm in the process of documenting my standard setup for my TiddlyWiki instances via blogging and putting together a related TiddlyWiki guide (in a TiddlyWiki instance, of course).

Please, if you have any ideas/questions/suggestions/comments/jokes/ anecdotes , I always welcome all of those something silly.

Cheers !

TW Tones

Jul 9, 2020, 2:19:31 AM7/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
CJ

Thanks for sharing this to the community. Its helpful for people to share there real use with tiddlywiki. I do similar but different things and I have automated setting tiddlywiki to my default. I recently share a base wiki copy of tiddlywiki.com to demo a tool I am developing. In it you can see the page control buttons, flexible story etc.. I use.

I have wrapped my changes into a bookmarklet I use to configure each new wiki.

Regards
Tony

Mat

Jul 9, 2020, 5:40:31 AM7/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
CJ Veniot wrote:
Please, if you have any ideas/questions/suggestions/comments/jokes/ anecdotes , I always welcome all of those something silly.

Beyond mere info, I think it is a good idea with ready made setups that people can download. It does mean some responsibility to update it as the core updates.

By using the InfoMechanism you can make a setup so that the user sees one thing on the presented wiki and another when they download and open it. I used this for http://tiddlywiki5.tiddlyspot.com which is a ready made setup that users download (or, really, upload to a tiddlyspot they create). The default tiddler merely appears different depending on domain.

<:-)