Creating themes for Tiddly Wiki

ph-xyz

May 21, 2020, 3:54:57 PM5/21/20
to TiddlyWiki

Hi!

I wanted to understand how to create styles that integrates well with TW code. I've searched a central stylesheet, but I didn't find any. Is it there one?

Should I seek another way of styling components, for example inserting classes/style from js components?

Which way could be the best to develop frontends for TW?

Thank you in advance!

Mat

May 21, 2020, 4:22:29 PM5/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi there ph-xyz

When you go to the Controlpanel > Plugins > Themes you'll see the themes.
The base theme is the Vanilla theme. If you click on it, you'll see it contains
$:/themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/base
which is the base stylesheet.
The standard distribution also shows, by default, this stylesheet:
$:/themes/tiddlywiki/snowwhite/base

All stylesheets are tagged $:/tags/Stylesheet (and they have type: text/css unless they also contain WikiText in which case they have type text/vnd.tiddlywiki ) and you can click this tag to get a dropdown showing all other tiddlers tagged such, i.e all other stylesheets. You can also rearrange them in this little dropdown via drag'n drop to set the cascade order.

<:-)