how to trasclude all tiddlers with popup windows automatically?

Damián Gil

Sep 21, 2020, 4:51:44 AM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi.

I'm a coding ignorant, but trying to build something as similar as possible to Andy Matuschak's notes (https://notes.andymatuschak.org/About_these_notes).

I'm doing it with Stroll. I would want to trasclude my tiddlers with popup windows (https://giffmex.org/gifts/transclusioninpopups.html), but all of them, automatically, by default. How can it be done?

I'm a Windows user, in local with TiddlyDesktop.

Thanks in advance.

Birthe C

Sep 21, 2020, 8:07:34 AM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
You could look at Tobias Beers appear and preview.

Mind you it drove me crazy after a while.

Birthe

David Gifford

Sep 21, 2020, 8:47:38 AM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Dam, looks like Birthe gave you the same I answer I just did by Twitter. I concur with Birthe that the preview plugin is the way, and that while it sounds good in theory, it is actually quite annoying. Also, I am almost 100% certain it will not work in static exported htmls, but hey, try it to make sure. Dave

Damián Gil

Sep 21, 2020, 9:19:29 AM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
I followed your instructions, and I think I'm near. I've installed appear and preview. The problem is that the previews are sticky, no matter what you do. I have tried to change   $:/plugins/tobibeer/preview/defaults/class  to "popup", "appear", and " tc-preview-tiddler", and the preview keeps sticky. In Andy Matuschak's notes is not annoying because the popups dissapear inmediately if you cease to hover.

Maybe the problem is that I'm using a "static exported html" without knowing it. I don't know what "static" means. I have an html file in my HDD which I open with TiddlyDesktop. It just seems there is no option for not making the popups sticky.
Thanks

Damián Gil

Sep 21, 2020, 9:33:34 AM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Also, it's interesting that the popups in Andy Matuschak's notes appear fast as hell. They appear much faster online that the popups on my own, locally-stored Tiddly html file. Even though I have reduced the $:/plugins/tobibeer/preview/defaults/delay  to 0 milliseconds.

Damián Gil

Sep 21, 2020, 9:37:03 AM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Clarification: for Tobias Beer, "sticky" means that the popup does not close in you click inside the popup. For me, "sticky" means it doesn't dissapear once you don't hover over the link anymore. I would like the popups to not be sticky in my sense.

David Gifford

Sep 21, 2020, 10:23:27 AM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
I looked over the preview and appear plugins but don't find configuration settings for the amount of time after hover to close the popup.

so that it a) transcludes the text field in block mode, and b) make it a global macro so that it does not have to be pasted at the top of every tiddler.

There are some bright minds here, who may know how to do that.

Damián Gil

Sep 21, 2020, 10:32:50 AM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
In fact, I've been to tobibeer Github's page, and a one named linonetwo has made a pull request called "Make link auto close": https://github.com/tobibeer/tw5-preview/pull/3/files

So I understand I'm not that ignorant and there is not an auto-close option, but maybe there will be in the near future!

Now I'm trying to see if I can use that contribution from linonetwo

Thanks

David Gifford

Sep 21, 2020, 10:36:39 AM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Wasn't suggesting you are ignorant. Sorry if I gave you that impression.

This is a step in the right direction: add this at the top of a tiddler with links, then save and hover:

\define tv-wikilink-tooltip()

<$transclude field="text" mode="inline"/>

\end

Damián Gil

Sep 21, 2020, 10:58:24 AM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
I AM an ignorant, and admitted that from my first message. I'm just a physician. Don't know about all this stuff, but I admire people who do.

I already had tried something like the code in your last message, but the "preview" plugin is much better. With your way, it just shows a bare skeleton of the linked tiddler, without formatting, or links, or images.

Since I don't know how to install and try the contribution of linonetwo from GitHub directly, I think I'll wait till tobibeer merges with his suggestion and then I'll download the preview plugin again.

Thanks for all, Mr. Gifford. And strikke, too. You people are truly nice.

Ste

Sep 21, 2020, 2:48:27 PM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki

Mohammed's sliders (to be found at the top of this thread https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/GHbwtMIrA3I
Also has a pop up though as a thumbnail view.