[TW5] Markdown plugin still interpreting wiki text

Chuck R.

Apr 28, 2016, 11:28:44 AM4/28/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Firefox v43 on Windows 7

I saved a copy of the TW with the Markdown plugin on my C: drive. When I added a tiddler, and some markdown text, and closed the new tiddler, TW is interpreting my markdown as wikitext, not as markdown. Is there something I have to turn on first?

Just like in the TW markdown example, I use 1-3 hashes, a space, then my header text. It gets interpreted as a list item with indented list items.  Example of markdown that I entered in my new tiddler:

# Header 1

## Header 2

### Header 3

Thank you.

Mark S.

Apr 28, 2016, 11:52:15 AM4/28/16
to TiddlyWiki
Did you set content-type to Markdown? The plugin doesn't make Markdown the default, it just makes it a choice.

Mark

Chuck R.

Apr 28, 2016, 2:37:07 PM4/28/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I found it. The content is at the bottom of each tiddler in edit mode. It works now.

Jeremy Ruston

Apr 29, 2016, 3:31:35 AM4/29/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chuck

No, how do I set the content type?

Look immediately below the tiddler editing area. You should see the label “Type:” and a text box with a down arrow to the right. Click on the down arrow and you can choose from a list of available content types.

In the upcoming 5.1.12 version there is a new button for the “Tools” tab that makes a new Markdown tiddler with a single click,

Best wishes

Jeremy