Tags stopped being able to add

danraymond

Oct 16, 2020, 10:42:54 PM10/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
For some reason I cannot add tags to tiddlers anymore?

I have tried disabling various  recently added plugins but nothing seems to work.

Put simply I cannot add a tag(s) to  any  tidders, new or existing. Wiki saves fine.

Any ideas?

Charlie Veniot

Oct 17, 2020, 9:50:28 AM10/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
It sounds like, maybe, a core tiddler is messed-up or something is overriding a core tiddler ?  Regardless, likely way over my head.

Just to clarify, which "part" of adding tags is broken?

The field in which you type the label for the new tag?  The "+" symbol to create a new tag with the typed in label ?

In the sidebar's "More" / "Tags", can you access the Tags manager and does it work okay ?

What recently added plugins did you install?  (Maybe un-installing one or more of those plugins might be required.)

danraymond

Oct 17, 2020, 7:21:09 PM10/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Charlie;

Seems to be only the tag selection dropdown in a tiddler (new or existing) If I type a tag in then its okay. But if I try to select from the dropdown it doesn't work.

Charlie Veniot

Oct 17, 2020, 9:17:18 PM10/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
That's definitely a way-over-my-pay-scale problem, but that may be exactly the kind of detailed information that gets some attention.

It would be worth mentioning which plug-ins' are installed.

If possible and the best: is there a way you can make a copy of your TiddlyWiki available for the community to download and analyse?

Corey S

Oct 17, 2020, 11:04:37 PM10/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Another option, at least it used to be, iirc:

MAKE A COPY OR OTHERWISE BACKUP FIRST. Never experiment with your production/live TiddlyWikis.

delete the system tiddler that controls tagging.
I seem to recall that all of the core system tiddlers had a hidden backup in case of corruption. Deleting it will cause a reload of the missing tiddler next time you start it.
That was many years ago though and I don't use TW5 much at all yet, just dabble.

I hope one of the more knowledgeable can chime in.

PMario

Oct 18, 2020, 5:40:33 AM10/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

BACKuP first - BACKuP first - BACKuP first - BACKuP first - BACKuP first - !!!

If you open the Control Panel tiddler : Info : Basic  tab and scroll down, you'll see "Number of overridden shadow tiddlers". If you click the number, you will get a  list. If one or more of them has "tag" in the title you can delete them.

If you delete "overwritten" shadow tiddlers, the original will take over again.

It would be interesting which plugins you installed?

-mario

danraymond

Oct 18, 2020, 7:21:39 PM10/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Found it!

Was the keyboard shortcut plugin keeboord. Messed up the tag dropdown.

All fixed.

Charlie Veniot

Oct 18, 2020, 7:34:31 PM10/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Good stuff !  Congrats for ID'ing the problem !