Text summary of TiddlyMap neighbourhood

rds

Mar 9, 2019, 9:30:14 AM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki

Hi,

I'm looking for ways to use TiddlyWiki as a concept mapping tool.
TiddlyMap seems to be a nearly perfect match, my only issue being that the visualization is too slow for neighbourhoods > 1 (also the selected node is not centered and the whole view is too zoomed out to be readable in larger graphs).
The ability to see a broader environment of a concept (tiddler) is key for me.

I think it should be possible to have a SideBar tab which for the current tiddler would give a text version of the map - lists of:

!!! Parents
<<list-links "[all[current]tags[]] +[sort[title]]">>

!!! Children
<<list-links "[tag<currentTiddler>] +[sort[title]]">>

!!! Links
<<list-links "[all[current]links[]]">>

!!! Backlinks
<<list-links "[all[current]backlinks[]]">>

!!! Siblings
??? all tiddlers that share at least one of the tags

!!! Related
??? all tiddlers that have an TiddlyMap edge with the current tiddler

I have two questions:
  1. How to define the Siblings and Related lists?
  2. How to make this Navigator work from the SideBar for the current active tiddler.

Is this possible?
Thank you in any case!
I'm completely new to TiddlyWiki and hope I finally found a home for my knowledge base :)!

Ste Wilson

Mar 9, 2019, 5:21:55 PM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
You might also find tidgraph usefull

ihm4u.github.io/tw5plugs/

There is also

A graph demo here

emkayonline.github.io/tw5visjs/

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work in new TW..

Mark S.

Mar 9, 2019, 6:36:03 PM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
For Siblings, perhaps:

<<list-links "[all[current]tags[]tagging[]] +[sort[title]]">>

I suspect your last one may be non-trivial, because the internal structure used by the tiddlymap library doesn't correspond to natural tiddlywiki structures or tools. You might try searching the forum. I recall vaguely (alas, all my recollections are vague these days) that something like this came up before, and there were partial answers and possibly a response from the TiddlyMap author.

Good luck
-- Mark

Mark S.

Mar 9, 2019, 6:55:30 PM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Here's the conversation I was thinking of, probably:

Unfortunately, the result is a bit inconclusive.

Good luck
-- Mark

Felix Küppers

Mar 12, 2019, 5:46:54 AM3/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Rds

??? all tiddlers that have an TiddlyMap edge with the current tiddler

To get the "current" tiddler in the sidebar you could use the hotzone plugin https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-HotZone

Regards
Felix

rds

Mar 13, 2019, 6:47:25 AM3/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanky you Mark! The siblings filter works. I'll try to look for the tiddlymap threads that you mentioned!

rds

Mar 13, 2019, 6:57:58 AM3/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Felix! And of course thank you for the cool plug-in :)

Do you happen to know about an example of widget using hotzone? I'm new to tiddlywiki (and javascript), so a starting point would be welcome (if there is something)

I've tried to replace "current" with "$:/temp/focussedTiddler", but it is not so simple...

<<list-links "[all[$:/temp/focussedTiddler]tags[]] +[sort[title]]">>

Felix Küppers

Mar 13, 2019, 4:02:32 PM3/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi rds,

thank you Felix! And of course thank you for the cool plug-in :)

thanks, you are welcome :)

I've tried to replace "current" with "$:/temp/focussedTiddler", but it is not so simple...

TiddlyWiki is quite difficult with this. Your mistake is that you take the literal value instead of taking the "text" value of the $:/temp/focussedTiddler.

So install hotzone plugin and then put this....

<$vars focussedTiddler={{$:/temp/focussedTiddler}}>

  focussedTiddler is <<focussedTiddler>>

  tags of focussed tiddler:
  <<list-links "[
<focussedTiddler>tags[]] +[sort[title]]">>

</$vars>

....in a tiddler you tagged with:

$:/tags/SideBar

Further reading: