Errors when importing tiddlers

Xabriña

May 16, 2020, 7:52:59 PM5/16/20
to TiddlyWiki

Hello everyone.
I am having a problem importing tiddlers from a tiddlywiki to an installation with Bob. The case is that if I drag a tiddler from the html file to the wiki that I have in Bob, the latter matters it but when I go to see it it turns out that I only have the title of it but nothing else appears ...
Digging a bit I have realized that if I try to edit the tiddler I find that in the area where the tiddler's fields are, it is full of fields with information that the original tiddler did not have. When importing the tiddler the text that it contained somehow transforms into fields ...
If I export the tiddler from the original Tiddlywiki and import it into the one I have in Bob, the same thing happens to me. I have checked the folder where the individual tiddlers are kept and I have found that the tiddlers that are imported badly are duplicated. On the one hand I have a tiddler with a "tid" extension and on the other hand another with the same title but with a "tid.meta" extension.

What am I doing wrong???

Jed Carty

May 17, 2020, 10:48:53 AM5/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Do the imported tiddlers have a field or _canonical_uri field? What you are describing is what happens when you import media files that get saved on the server. I am not sure what else would cause that.

Xabriña

Jun 2, 2020, 3:53:48 PM6/2/20
to TiddlyWiki

Hello Jed.

Sorry but I could not answer you before.
In the end I managed to fix the tiddlers by editing them one by one, since for some reason importing many of them makes them an application tiddler, when in the originals it does not have this indication. And the original tiddlers don't have fields either ...

It happens to me in windows and Linux and I have tried Bob's versions: 13, 15 and test version 16, in all of them the same thing happens to me when I try to import a .json file or when I try to create a wiki in Bob from a Single file tiddlywiki.

At first I thought it was a Tiddlywiki problem, and decided to try a single file version. That way tiddlers are imported correctly without problems.

What I have found is that if I pass a tiddler from one Bob wiki to another Bob wiki, dragging it, I don't have the problem of importing with errors, I don't know why but this way it works ...

Regards.