[Announcement] Sydney TWIG - TiddlyWiki Interest Group

TW Tones

May 9, 2021, 10:22:44 PM5/9/21
to TiddlyWiki
Folks,

I just want to let you know I have just invested in Meetup and Zoom accounts to start a Sydney TWIG - TiddlyWiki Interest Group. Of course if you can bear our +10 GMT meeting times anyone is welcome.

I would also love support from this community to promote my Meetup group so please share and join to give us a boost.

If your interested in attending or developing such a group in your local area do come and join our meetup group https://www.meetup.com/sydney-twig-tiddlywiki-interest-group.

Sydney TiddlyWiki Interest Group (Sydney TWIG) is the first meeting in what we hope will be many, for new and existing users and enthusiasts, of the TiddlyWiki platform. Starting as a single file website or application TiddlyWiki's capabilities have earned it the right to be called a platform for personal productivity, website development and application development. We believe it is the Key to democratising software and the internet for all.

The Group aims
 To build and bring together enthusiasts for TiddlyWiki.com the Free open source software platform anyone can use to build apps, smart documents, websites and a lot more.

TiddlyWiki is a force for good opening up and democratising access for anyone to modern application (apps) and websites.

Anyone welcome but we plan to have local events in Sydney and Australia.

In time I hope we may be meeting some members in person in Sydney/Canberra etc...

Any ideas and comments are welcomed in this thread.

Tones

Jeremy Ruston

May 10, 2021, 4:15:56 PM5/10/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,

Great stuff, thank you! It’s excellent to see another TWIG spring up.

I posted it on Twitter:

Best wishes

Jeremy

Message has been deleted

TW Tones

May 10, 2021, 7:30:35 PM5/10/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Jeremy,

All.

Let us see if I can encourage more people in the Group to join and contribute.

If there are other TWIG's or otherwise named meetups. perhaps the hosts could let me know of their knowledge and experience running these and publicising them.

Tegared
Tones/Tony

Jeremy Ruston

May 11, 2021, 4:19:26 AM5/11/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony

The various TWIGs and Meetup's that I have hosted in Oxford are documented here with some videos:

https://tiddlywiki.com/#Meetups

Will you be posting a video of the Sydney meetup? I'd be happy to add it to tiddlywiki.com.

I always enjoy the actual events, but did find the organisation and planning to be quite stressful (I'd rather be programming).

But given that the meeting is on Zoom, perhaps the hangouts are a better model?

https://tiddlywiki.com/#TiddlyWiki%20Hangouts

I always felt that one of the most interesting parts of the Hangouts is when people demonstrate and talk about their own personal use of TiddlyWiki. It's equally relevant for experienced TiddlyWiki users and beginners, and it often taps nicely into peoples enthusiasm.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On 11 May 2021, at 00:30, TW Tones <Anthony...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Jeremy,

TW Tones

May 11, 2021, 6:31:05 AM5/11/21
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

I agree. most interesting parts of the Hangouts is when people demonstrate and talk about their own personal use of TiddlyWiki.

Yet I am not yet aware of the the enthusiasts here in Australia yet. I know of a few. I think my first objective will be to build recognition and introduce tiddlywiki to people before I can have local enthusiasts contribute. Until then perhaps I will be able to attract you or some of our international friends as guests.

I will put the call out when the time comes.

Regards
Tones