Has anybody noticed that TiddlyDesktop is unstable in MacOS Big Sur?

JWHoneycutt

Mar 10, 2021, 10:51:34 AM3/10/21
to TiddlyWiki

Has anybody noticed that TiddlyDesktop is unstable in MacOS Big Sur?

My setup:
MacOS Big Sur 11.2.1 -> 11.2.3 (new) on MacBook Pro (2020)
TiddlyDesktop Version 0.0.14
TiddlyWikis are version 5.1.23
Stored on DropBox Pro
Major use of PlugIn: TWaddle's SideEditor 3.0.12 (newly upgraded)
I manually save because my backup folders would grow huge if I didn't

My routine workflow is to open a few wikis and maximize each to full screen

Then I "three finger swipe" between open desktops, with several wikis open at the same time. This has worked great for months to years.

Now,

All open wikis and TiddlyDesktop suddenly close without warning and no save of ongoing work. I THINK it happens when I hit a key combination (like shift-right key - to maybe select text) or when I do nothing for a few minutes. When it happens I lose the last hour or so of work and forget exactly what operation I was performing at the moment.

This started about 5 days ago, right after my upgrade to MacOS 11.2.1...

JWHoneycutt

Mar 10, 2021, 10:54:25 AM3/10/21
to TiddlyWiki
Also important - this may only be happening at work, where I am required to use my iphone's personal hotspot.

Mark S.

Mar 10, 2021, 11:25:34 AM3/10/21
to TiddlyWiki
There is a thread with similar comments. Jeremy has released 0.0.15 that updates nw and may fix your problem.

Ton Gerner

Mar 11, 2021, 11:06:12 AM3/11/21
to TiddlyWiki