Problem with Showing pictures from Hard Drive in Bob Version 1.0.1 (former Jed's MultiUser Single Executable Version)

Ed

May 16, 2018, 9:04:51 AM5/16/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dear All

I have a problem with showing pictures from my hard drive while using Bob 1.0.1 (Single Executable Version)
As I don't want to make the other thread overly long, I am making a new thread here.

Well can't make the pictures appear.

What I tried to do
[img[subdirectory/subdirectory/image.jpg]]

The subdirctories are inside the main directory were the .exe file is living.
Tried it yesterday at home with the winTiddly32,exe
Tried it now at the office with the winTiddly.exe (64bit version)
In both cases: no dice. I understand that i does not work that way when
the wiki is on node. Correct?

Next: The _canonical_uri way
I put image/jpg in the field Type
I put the path subirectory/subdirectory/image.jpg in the _canonical_uri field.
I took care to type _canonical_uri with underscores and uri not url.
Save and no image.

I really am at loss how to proceed, well it was 03:00 AM so I was't too bright anymore.
(Aaagh they saddled me far to late with this project. Initial offer was september 2017.
Just couple o-weeks ago the decision to go ahead.)
Presentation is 29th of May and I need still lotsa of (other) work to do.

Anybody? Puh-lease.
Thank you very much in advance, Ed.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
.
.

Jed Carty

May 16, 2018, 9:24:58 AM5/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
In order to make local images available you have to tell the server where to look on the hard drive. In this case you need to make sure in the Bob settings you have an entry that looks like this:

"filePathRoot": "C:\Users\Ed\TiddlyWiki\"

but replace the 'C:\Users\Ed\TiddlyWiki\' part with the path to where you have the executable.

Then the files being served have to have './file/' added to the front of the urls so your example would become

[img[./file/subdirectory/subdirectory/image.jpg]]

the prefix is needed otherwise you can't serve multiple wikis.

After the same setup you can use the _canonical_uri method using the same url.

There is some more about it here https://github.com/OokTech/TW5-Bob/blob/master/Configuration.md and here https://github.com/OokTech/TW5-Bob/blob/master/Documentation/Serving%20Files.tid

The documentation isn't really written with people who aren't a bit familiar with servers in mind. I am working on improving it when I have time. I think that rather than features I should focus mainly on improving the documentation for Bob.

Jed Carty

May 16, 2018, 9:27:28 AM5/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
And unfortunately it looks like I missed making it accept relative paths for the file server part. It is a quick fix but it will have to wait until I get home so I can use my other computer.

@TiddlyTweeter

May 16, 2018, 10:09:31 AM5/16/18
to TiddlyWiki

I think that rather than features I should focus mainly on improving the documentation for Bob.

Jed, you can ask for help too on that. Either writing or revising. Part of the difficulty is only knowing what needs writing about. Actually having other people help on that can be good because they are more embedded in a "procedural user" frame of mind.