when opening a tiddler, automatically open tiddlers based on multiple tags?

Jarrad Hope

Jul 6, 2019, 8:25:58 AM7/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello

I was wondering if someone could help me achieve a certain effect with Tiddlywiki

When I open I certain tiddler titled "Foobar" I would like to then open all tiddlers with the tags "Foobar" and "Journal" below it in the story river
Currently I have been adapting the SubStories example to achieve a similar effect but it's not quite what I'm looking for, and requires pressing a button, when I would like it to happen on opening the tiddler.

The desired effect would to be have the topic summary tiddler at the top, then below it the journal entries automatically open beneath it in the storyriver.

Thanks in advance.

Mat

Jul 6, 2019, 8:32:37 AM7/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
I don't have any direct solution but a first question is what distinguishes the tiddlers that should behave that way from those that shouldn't. The link mechanism would have to be able to tell the difference so it can decide what to do next. Your only distinction so far is that it is called "Foobar" but I don't think you want it for only one specific tiddler, right? Also, is it for any occurrence of those tiddler(titles) or is it only for in the sidebar?

<:-)

Jed Carty

Jul 6, 2019, 9:06:33 AM7/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
I am pretty certain that this would require a javascript plugin. I think you  could use the th-navigating hook for this but I am not certain what the code would look like.

PMario

Jul 7, 2019, 6:38:55 AM7/7/19
to TiddlyWiki

On Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 3:06:33 PM UTC+2, Jed Carty wrote:
I am pretty certain that this would require a javascript plugin. I think you  could use the th-navigating hook for this but I am not certain what the code would look like.

The linkcatcher widget is the user facing option for tm-navigation.

But as Mat wrote: How can some logic see, if it should do special things.

-m

TonyM

Jul 8, 2019, 11:42:13 PM7/8/19
to TiddlyWiki
Jarad,

I have called for the provision of an action on open tiddler, ideally the ability to do so on a per tiddler basis.

However an effective work around for now is to have a button in the tiddler, which once pressed will do as you ask, I know this is not what you are after but to be honest perhaps it is better the user gets a chance to choose what happens before a lot of tiddlers are opened.

The Button can contain a list widget with a filter which wrapps actionWidgets such as open tiddler. A form of batch button.

Let me know if you require more detail.

Regard
Tony