Here's a Slide Presentation TW5 you can use

Dave

Apr 14, 2016, 12:33:20 AM4/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
I made this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dilc5hq8x2c3b7b/TW5-SlidesPresentation.html?dl=0

for general use as a TW5 version of powerpoint.  I'm sure it can be improved, but its a good start.

Enjoy!
Dave

David Myers

Apr 14, 2016, 3:18:57 AM4/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
Nice work,

The only down side for me is that sometimes the slide will overflow the screen, particularly if you have parts that appear when you click a link / button.

Particularly apparent when you click to open an image.

Maybe a solution would be to have the colour of the text change (change the CSS), making it suddenly appear

That said nice work, the only thing I would like to see is some form of 'breadcrumbs' so people can see where they are in the presentation, if you give a long presentation it's nice to to know if you are half way through for a break, or to field questions about a given section.

David

HC Haase

Apr 14, 2016, 5:19:02 AM4/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
It looks nice... much nicer than ppt.

Personally I like it better with the classic view and fluid story river. when you close the sidebar, the tiddler will be kind of full screen.

One question though, How do the navigation arrows work? (can i snatch only those and the slide number).

David Myers

Apr 14, 2016, 7:11:29 AM4/14/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
To create an 'arrow you can do something similar to the the following

<$button to="Name Of Tiddler To Open"> > </$button>

You'll notice the '>' before the close of the button tag, change this to any text you want.
The above is just a simple TW Button which seemed the easiest was to do it. You'll need to play with the CSS to change the style of the button

The <div class=right>  will push the button to the right hand corner.

Hegart Dmishiv

Apr 14, 2016, 7:17:04 AM4/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Dave,

Hey, that was really cool. It reminds me of the Multi-Sequential Narrative exercise we had to do recently for the {{DesignWrite}} course.

Hegart.

Dave

Apr 14, 2016, 3:34:17 PM4/14/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
the navigation arrows are adapted from Jed's Pet Diary - it even has the same variable names more suited to that original purpose:

<$list filter='[is[current]]+[tag[slide]]+[nsort[order]]' variable=CurrentImage>

<$list filter='[tag[slide]]+[nsort[order]]+[before
<CurrentImage>]'>
<$button class='tc-btn-invisible'>
<$action-navigate $to=<
<currentTiddler>>/>{{$:/core/images/chevron-left}}
<$action-sendmessage $message='tm-close-tiddler' $param=<
<CurrentImage>>/>
</$button>
</$list>
<$list filter='[tag[slide]]+[nsort[order]]+[after
<CurrentImage>]'>
<$button class='tc-btn-invisible'>
<$action-navigate $to=<
<currentTiddler>>/>{{$:/core/images/chevron-right}}
<$action-sendmessage $message='tm-close-tiddler' $param=<
<CurrentImage>>/>
</$button>
</$list>

{{!!order}}

<$transclude field='caption' mode=block/>
</$list>

its in the tiddler [[newSlideViewTemplate]]

RichardWilliamSmith

Apr 14, 2016, 10:29:23 PM4/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Dave,

Have you seen TalkyTalky? http://tiddlywiki.com/talkytalky/

Regards,
Richard

Dave

Apr 14, 2016, 10:40:52 PM4/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
Yeah I'd seen that before, and for some reason I couldn't get it to work properly - the slides would stop half aligned between two.  Now that I look at it again it seems to work just fine.  Actually I really like it.  Next time I need to make a new presentation I'll probably try to take some ideas from that too.  I like the full screen look of it for sure.

Andrew Lister

Sep 16, 2016, 4:31:25 AM9/16/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Dave,

I like the look and functionality of your presentation TW. I know I could just add content to it to create a stand-alone presentation. But what I'd really like is for each of my TWs to have this functionality built in, so that at the click of a button (changing the theme, I suppose) I could start to present.  Is that possible? What would I have to add from your presentation TW to mine in order to get it to work like that? Or is there a simpler way of going about this? I want to avoid fiddling with technical stuff, as much as possible.

Thanks,

Andrew

Dave

Sep 16, 2016, 11:55:57 AM9/16/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I just went to the main menu (open up the side panel), clicked "O" to open the main menu tiddler and added [[another presentation]], opened it up to edit, added the "slide" tag, and put the order field as "100".  You could jump to that point and just add slides from there.  The only problem would be that if you reached the previously "last" slide from the lower numbers, the "next" (>>) chevron would still appear at the bottom right indicating there's more slides, so each presentation would have to have a distinct "The End" I suppose :)

Is that what you're going for?

Andrew Lister

Sep 16, 2016, 12:46:31 PM9/16/16
to TiddlyWiki
That allows me to put a new presentation into your TW. What I was thinking about is integrating whatever mods you are using into an existing TW that I have - going the other direction, as it were. It seems that there's quite a few additions, however; I'm looking at the list of items in myMacros. Some of those are for things like sliders, which aren't essential to the presentation (though they're nice to have). Which ones are essential? What tiddlers from your TW would I have to copy into mine to make mine work like yours?

Thinking about it some more, what I would actually like is if there were a default slide show theme that one could activate on any slide, without having to do any modification. Then all it would take is to add a link to the next slide, and the presentation would be set up. That would be the most minimal possible slide presentation approach; just change the theme, and add links oneself (though not ideal to have links taking up space in slide content).

In your presentation TW, you've defined an order to the slides, and added nice forward and backward buttons to the right and the left. Those are nice additions. In principle, one could define multiple orders, to have multiple presentations out of the same TW. Saq Imtiaz made a slide plugin for TW classic that worked like this.

Dave

Sep 16, 2016, 1:26:36 PM9/16/16
to TiddlyWiki
I'll look at this later tonight or tomorrow and try to figure that out and get back to you.

Dave

Sep 16, 2016, 6:28:03 PM9/16/16
to TiddlyWiki
Try this:

copy the following tiddlers into yours

newSlideViewTemplate tag:$:/tags/ViewTemplate,myMacros (if you want)

closeAtBottomAsides tags:$:/tags/ViewTemplate, myMacros

bigFont tags:$:/tags/Stylesheet, myMacros

bigFont2 tags:$:/tags/Stylesheet, myMacros * this one refers to image tiddlers, which you will have to name appropriately for whatever background you wanted.  I separated out these from bigFont because there's a major delay in rendering it when you open the tiddler because the uri for the image tiddler reference is so big.

paper2.jpg (whatever image tiddler you want)

paper3.jpg

$:/themes/tiddlywiki/centralised/styles.tid (pick in the control panel under Appearance/Theme)
* that one I had to tweak the numbers to get it the way I wanted it.  You might want to do the same.

Let me know if that works

Andrew Lister

Sep 18, 2016, 3:25:04 PM9/18/16
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for looking into this, I will try it out when I have some free time.

Andrew