TwTube Video.js plugin for TW5

TheDiveO

Jan 15, 2018, 2:22:42 PM1/15/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Preview/beta of my new TwTube plugin that adds the famous Video.js player to TW5. Also includes optional player skins. This player can be used to play external media that comes from the same origin. For this, the plugin allows for development to run your TiddlyWiki server on Node.js and serving media files.

 See for yourself: https://youtu.be/x9K4M4gZDZo
Repository (no release yet): https://github.com/TheDiveO/TWTube

There's a new --mediaserver command for this which should be used instead of the existing --server command. --mediaserver expects a path relative to your TW5 development files base as its first parameter, then come the same parameters as for the --server command. The new command runs an enhanced server that serves media files in parallel to tiddlers.

Thank you to all those who helped me in the TW forums getting my plugin to work. ;)

Best regards,
TheDiveO

TonyM

Jan 15, 2018, 8:26:08 PM1/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
TheDiveO,

Looking good. Are you serving a NodeJS server to the internet, or just within your local network?

For me this would be more likely to support my use of such an elegant solution.

Regards
Tony

TheDiveO

Jan 16, 2018, 2:16:35 AM1/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
The Node.js TiddlyWiki server is only for development, especially of the plugins themselves. Afterwards I release and the files are served from an ordinary web server. Previously it wasn't possible to develop tiddlywikis that make use of external media using the TiddlyWiki server due to same origin restrictions and the server not being able to serve media.