Personal News

Jeremy Ruston

May 18, 2020, 4:59:36 AM5/18/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I should let you all know that I have somehow contracted Covid-19, despite being in careful lockdown for two months. I haven't been tested (this is the UK), but the symptoms have gradually become unmistakeable over the last week and a half. It's all tolerable at the moment, and I remain hopeful that this is a mild dose of the disease. My doctor says that I can be cautiously optimistic that I've had symptoms for so long without developing the really dangerous ones. I've been told unequivocally to rest, and so I'll likely be out of action for at least a few days.

I'm very happy there's so much activity on the group just now, but naturally frustrated not to be able to keep up. Hopefully I'll be back soon, and in the meantime please take care of yourselves and each other,

Best wishes

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston
jer...@jermolene.com

Tony K

May 18, 2020, 5:04:25 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Gosh, you keep strong and hope your family is safe

Get well soon

Hubert

May 18, 2020, 5:17:17 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

I hope it's manageable. I wish you a quick recovery!
Keep strong and get well soon!

Best regards,
Hubert

TonyM

May 18, 2020, 5:33:53 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy

Best of luck and focus on your health, sometimes a break provides new inspiration. I am sure we are all baracking for you.

Let us know once you recover lest we worry.

Regards
Tony

Adam S.

May 18, 2020, 5:45:39 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
We all wish you a quick recovery Jeremy!

Ton Gerner

May 18, 2020, 5:58:36 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

I wish you and your family all the best and hope you recover soon.

Best regards,

Ton

Birthe C

May 18, 2020, 6:02:21 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

For now your health is all that is important. Rest to give you strength to fight it of. Do not get frustrated and do not take up any activity too soon.

All the best wishes from all over the world is going towards you,

Well wishes from Denmark,

Birthe

Ste Wilson

May 18, 2020, 6:08:12 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Get well soon!

Mostafa Hussein Omar

May 18, 2020, 6:32:12 AM5/18/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jeremy,

I discovered Tiddlywiki a couple of weeks ago after someone mentioned it casually on a matrix group. Very quickly I became obsessed with TW5, it is an amazing piece of software with a brilliant community. I binged watched some of the recent Tiddlywiki Hangouts and I am trying to find the best way to import and interconnect my notes that I have been collecting, hoarding and mummifying for 20 years.

I really admire your dedication to this project over the years and I am so sorry to hear about catching the Corona virus. I hope the symptoms stay mild. Please take care of yourself.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Yours,

Mostafa

Dragon Cotterill

May 18, 2020, 8:16:14 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
As somebody who is on the Extremely Vulnerable list, I can sympathise with your situation. I really wish you a full and speedy recovery.

David Gifford

May 18, 2020, 8:28:53 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

Thank you for letting me know yesterday, since we were originally going to interview this morning. I will continue praying for your recovery. Very glad to now hear the news that it may be a mild case. Stay safe, and don't push yourself.

Mat

May 18, 2020, 8:40:55 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Aw, man, that's horrible. I hope you get well soon Jeremy.

Take care.

/Matias

Eskha

May 18, 2020, 9:05:57 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

I wish you a quick recovery.

I hope that these, hopefully few, forced rest days will not be too difficult.

Best regards,

Eskha

HansWobbe

May 18, 2020, 9:27:47 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Jeremy:

My most sincere Condolences and very best wishes for a full nd speedy recovery!

Warmest regards,

Hans

Riz

May 18, 2020, 9:34:41 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Best wishes and take good care of yourself. Will keep you in our prayers

Sincerely
Riz

Atul Grover

May 18, 2020, 10:56:51 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

Sorry to hear about your illness. I wish you a quick recovery. Get well soon.

Atul

Diego Mesa

May 18, 2020, 10:59:18 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Wishing you all the best Jeremy - get well soon!

Mohammad

May 18, 2020, 10:59:51 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Jeremy,

 I know you are strong and you will win this fight!
 We in the group are from all around the world! We will pray for your recovery!
 We wish you full recovery soon! We wait to see you soon again the group!

Best wishes
Mohammad

springer

May 18, 2020, 11:05:26 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

Our thoughts are with you, with special appreciation for how you've supported people in this community with pandemic-related projects among all the other things...

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 4:59:36 AM UTC-4, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
I should let you all know that I have somehow contracted Covid-19, despite being in careful lockdown...

FrD

May 18, 2020, 12:46:02 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Best wishes and get well soon.

Regards

FrD

Flibbles

May 18, 2020, 1:06:31 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Look forward to hearing from you after you're through it. Good luck.

-Flibbles

passingby

May 18, 2020, 1:43:30 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

May God bless you with a speedy recovery.

Edgaras Benediktavicus

May 18, 2020, 2:02:37 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy get well soon buddy!

Mark S.

May 18, 2020, 3:07:45 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki

<$list filter="%47%45%54%20%57%45%4C%4C%20%53%4F%4F%4E%20%4A%45%52%45%4D%59%21   +[decodeuri[]]">
<$text text=<
<currentTiddler>>/>
</$list>

Suzanne McHale

May 18, 2020, 3:14:38 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Oh no, of all the bad things to happen to you! I hope you pull through OK, and you are much appreciated.

Best wishes, Suzy

BirgitB

May 18, 2020, 3:23:46 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy,

I hope you will get better soon and that your symptoms stay as mild as they are.

Thanks for offering your assistance, I am sure somebody will be willing to step in and you just take your time to recover.

Regards,
Birgit

Scott Sauyet

May 18, 2020, 3:27:26 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Best wishes.

Here's to a speedy full recovery!

  -- Scott

SizzlinSJ

May 18, 2020, 4:01:40 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Get well soon Sir! All of us are with you (from India)
Message has been deleted

Sapphireslinger

May 18, 2020, 5:28:16 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Using TiddlyWiki every day I often feel such a deep pang of gratefulness at its usefulness that I thank God for you on the spot, praying that he protect you and everybody who works on TiddlyWiki. So you have been and will continue to be prayed for with thankfulness every day.

Scott Simmons (Secret-HQ)

May 18, 2020, 5:32:06 PM5/18/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
All the best as you rest and recover, Jeremy!  We'll try not to break anything until you return.

The two newest hangout and the promise of a third with Dave will give us plenty to stay excited about in our own lockdowns!

Joshua Fontany

May 18, 2020, 7:19:08 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Echoing all the good vibes here. Speedy recovery!

Best,
Joshua Fontany

Rob Hoelz

May 18, 2020, 8:51:53 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
I hope you have a speed recovery, Jeremy!

-Rob

Reece Shaw

May 18, 2020, 9:01:59 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Wishing you the best, and a quick recovery!

-Reece

Julio Peña

May 18, 2020, 9:14:12 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Jeremy,

My prayers are with you and your loved ones.
Please be well, stay safe, and recoup quickly.

Blessings,
Julio

CJ Veniot

May 19, 2020, 12:31:31 AM5/19/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy, dear intertwingularity-tamer-extraordinaire,

I am fiercely fighting my instinct to delve into "too soon" covid-19 wise-cracks and quack out-of-left-field absurd remedy suggestions.

You know, voodoo imaginations like rubbing pig sweat under the soles of your feet.  That just wastes your time and the treadmill just annoys the pig.

Hmmm, bacon.

Please do take it easy, get back on your feet without any hiccups, try and get loads of sun (if that's an easy thing to do in your corner o' the world), get your vitamin C / D / garlic (or whatever antioxidants and immune boosters that suit your fancy).  I'm also a big believer in cayenne pepper and turmeric, but that might just be placebo wishful thinking ...

Best wishes to ya, lad.  You and yours get to speedy recovery.

Thomas Elmiger

May 19, 2020, 12:46:12 AM5/19/20
to TiddlyWiki
Best wishes for a quick recovery! Take your time.
- Thomas
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jeremy Ruston

May 19, 2020, 4:19:15 AM5/19/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all so much for all the good wishes, a great comfort and really appreciated by me and my family. The disease is moving along slowly and a little inscrutably, but I remain optimistic and thankful that I appear to have a mild dose.

Best wishes

Jeremy

--

On 19 May 2020, at 08:39, Rohrreiniger <weecks.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

Get well soon Jeremy Ruston!

<Auto Generated Inline Image 1>

Am Montag, 18. Mai 2020 10:59:36 UTC+2 schrieb Jeremy Ruston:
[...]

Paco Rivière

May 19, 2020, 6:05:56 AM5/19/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy,

Recover yourself and get well soon!

Take your time, and best wishes!

El dimarts, 19 maig de 2020 10:19:15 UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston va escriure:

On 19 May 2020, at 08:39, Rohrreiniger <weecks....@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

PMario

May 19, 2020, 6:12:38 AM5/19/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
I wish you all the best and get well soon!
-m

A Gloom

May 19, 2020, 11:55:12 AM5/19/20
to TiddlyWiki
Completly understandable, covid is more contagious than the flu so even with precautions, misfortune can happen

KAOS is rootin' for you!

kittenrow.jpg

Nick

May 19, 2020, 3:05:10 PM5/19/20
to TiddlyWiki
Feel and get better soon Jeremy!

If you're OK at day 10+ you are almost certainly going to be fine.

But do rest! I didn't, kept trying to go back to work - mistake! Took a month to be able to return.

BW

Dr Nick (UK Chest Physician)

Dave Parker

May 19, 2020, 3:47:03 PM5/19/20
to TiddlyWiki
Apparently Vitamin D is turning out to //possibly// be helpful, so might  be a good idea to start taking that if you're not already.

Also, if you have access to a Pulse Oximeter keep checking your oxygen saturation, and if it goes below 90% then ring up your medical people - going on O2 before the need of a ventilator is probably important.  Apparently people with Covid can get to very low O2 saturation without necessarily being aware of it.  An ounce of prevention...

Get well soon!!

BJ

May 20, 2020, 6:01:37 AM5/20/20
to TiddlyWiki
wishing you a speedy recovery

all the best

BJ

Jan

May 20, 2020, 6:46:06 AM5/20/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,
I am very sorry to read this,
all best wishes for your recovery.
Jan

Michael Wiktowy

May 20, 2020, 12:45:08 PM5/20/20
to TiddlyWiki

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 5:59:36 AM UTC-3, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
I should let you all know that I have somehow contracted Covid-19, despite being in careful lockdown for two months. I haven't been tested (this is the UK), but the symptoms have gradually become unmistakeable over the last week and a half. It's all tolerable at the moment, and I remain hopeful that this is a mild dose of the disease. My doctor says that I can be cautiously optimistic that I've had symptoms for so long without developing the really dangerous ones. I've been told unequivocally to rest, and so I'll likely be out of action for at least a few days.

I'm very happy there's so much activity on the group just now, but naturally frustrated not to be able to keep up. Hopefully I'll be back soon, and in the meantime please take care of yourselves and each other,

Best wishes

Jeremy

This is very disturbing news. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

/Mike

Morgaine O'Herne

May 21, 2020, 10:18:08 PM5/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Please be well, and your family also.

Jeremy Ruston

May 22, 2020, 4:05:49 AM5/22/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you again for all the messages. It now finally seems like things are slowly starting to improve. Mindful of the advice I've had here and elsewhere I'm staying in bed for the moment (and taking vitamin D, using an oximeter and drinking plenty of water). I've still got a fever, headache, and my brain feels like it's been lightly scrambled, but I'm thankful that this is evidently a pretty mild case, and hopefully I'll be back in action soon.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Paco Rivière

May 22, 2020, 4:52:43 AM5/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
Happy of the good news, Jeremy.

Go on and stay improving!

Best wishes!

El divendres, 22 maig de 2020 10:05:49 UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston va escriure:

TiddlyTweeter

May 22, 2020, 6:48:51 AM5/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Jeremy.

CV is interesting for the quick growth of knowledge of actually effective "self" re-understanding (e.g. D & oxi).

In Italy (early) there were lots of deaths from overwhelm and early ignorance.

Its interesting times. The rapid process towards informed self-care has been quite remarkable.

Side comments
TT

leeand00

Rahul Kashyap

May 22, 2020, 11:32:23 PM5/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
take care; wishing for recovery.

Alfonso Arciniega

May 23, 2020, 12:54:00 PM5/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy,

Hope you recover fully pretty soon.

Best,

Alfonso

Willy Tanner

May 23, 2020, 1:10:55 PM5/23/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Jeremy,
all the best for you and your family, I really hope that the symptoms subside soon and without any long-term complications.

Andrew

May 23, 2020, 2:52:49 PM5/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy,
I'm praying that the people that are  studying this virus find the cure the soonest and so that this pandemic will end around the globe. The advise I got helped me. Stay active if at all possible. Movement boosts the immune system. Get better soon.:)
Wishing you and your family the best!
Andrew

Waldemar G. Matuska

May 24, 2020, 1:33:13 AM5/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy,
Wishing you a thorough recovery. I''ve just started studying up on TiddlyWiki and about to adopt it as my personal knowledge base. Thanks for all your work over the years.
Take care,
Waldo

clutterstack

May 24, 2020, 12:04:54 PM5/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Oh wow. Wishing you well, Jeremy! Hope you are on the road to recovery.

May 25, 2020, 6:12:24 AM5/25/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy,
I am so sorry to read this...
wish you a quick recovery!

Blessings,

在 2020年5月18日星期一 UTC+8下午4:59:36,Jeremy Ruston写道:

Chuck R.

May 25, 2020, 6:54:12 AM5/25/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Best of luck Jeremy. You'll do fine.

I had flu-like symptoms on Feb 14 for 3 days. It's one of the rare times I got a fever. Normally with flu my joints ache, but not this time, my leg muscles actually ached. After 3 days I was fine except for a cough that would not end. This uncontrollable cough lasted for 7 weeks and I was on the most powerful cough and asthma meds during that time. They are expensive! During that 7 weeks I spent about $300usd on a chest xray, trying various medications, and the powerful asthma drugs. The asthma drug alone is $60/month. For people without insurance it's $600/month.

I even lost my voice for 3 weeks and it was so raspy people had a lot of trouble understanding me. I think what happened is some virus irritated my asthma.

jwd

May 27, 2020, 1:36:59 PM5/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hoping you are well on the way to being mended. Rest easy in the knowledge that you have helped a vast number of heads to be big enough to hold everything we need to remember.

Be well

Jonathan

Jeremy Ruston

May 29, 2020, 3:23:07 AM5/29/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you again, reading these messages is a great comfort for me and my family. Things dipped a bit earlier this week and I ended up briefly in hospital. Happily they just did a bunch of tests and an x-ray, none of which showed the bad things that they feared, and so they sent me home again, and I've been stable since then. The main problem now is the exhaustion, which is actually a devastating nightmare remix of some of the individual symptoms of exhaustion, capricious and unintuitive. Now I'm reading other peoples coronavirus diaries and learning more about how to handle it -- I'd welcome any references you may have come across.

If things continue I could imagine in a week or two being able to do a little work each day, just keeping my fingers crossed, and not risking things by trying to do too much too early.

In the meantime, my thanks and best wishes to everyone,

Jeremy

Birthe C

May 29, 2020, 4:50:49 AM5/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

Thank you for letting us know. Having to go to the hospital must sure have been scary.
It is important that you do not try to do too much or too fast. Covid19 is tricky, but having to stay in bed for a prolonged period is always demanding. I was hospitalised at 15 year old for 1 month. Due to lack of space placed in the bathroom, I had high fever, and the window was large and the summer sun shining directly at me - the boiling patient. What I wanted to explain is, I literally had to learn to walk again. Running....HE HE...2 month after.
I read this article, and it is more or less the same we are told in my country. https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-to-do-after-recovering-from-covid-19 . Slowly, slowly - you will get there.
Eat healthy, exercise a little to regain strength - and to have an appetite. You WILL get there.

All the best wishes,

Birthe

Jeremy Ruston

May 29, 2020, 5:03:07 AM5/29/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Birthe that's very helpful,

Best wishes

clutterstack

Ed Heil

May 30, 2020, 1:59:20 AM5/30/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for letting us know, Jeremy, wishing you a good recovery and no more "dips"!

Jon

May 30, 2020, 2:11:39 AM5/30/20
to TiddlyWiki
Best wishes Jeremy for a full recovery.

Jon

Ikasten Enneco-Gotzon

Jun 1, 2020, 7:19:47 PM6/1/20
to TiddlyWiki
Take care of your health, Jeremy, it is the best investment.

I wish you a full recovery.

Greetings from the Vascon-Navarrese Country.

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 10:59:36 AM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
I should let you all know that I have somehow contracted Covid-19, despite being in careful lockdown for two months. I haven't been tested (this is the UK), but the symptoms have gradually become unmistakeable over the last week and a half. It's all tolerable at the moment, and I remain hopeful that this is a mild dose of the disease. My doctor says that I can be cautiously optimistic that I've had symptoms for so long without developing the really dangerous ones. I've been told unequivocally to rest, and so I'll likely be out of action for at least a few days.

I'm very happy there's so much activity on the group just now, but naturally frustrated not to be able to keep up. Hopefully I'll be back soon, and in the meantime please take care of yourselves and each other,

Donald Coates

Jun 2, 2020, 9:38:31 AM6/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Jeremy I am so sorry to hear this. Coming off a long night shift so I'll post more if I think of it. Having worked in two hospitals hit hard outside NYC I have seen firsthand and all too many times what this virus does.

We have too many healthcare workers who followed your course and you will be glad to hear they are all back to work. Extreme exhaustion, extreme weight loss, and lots of diffuse pain are a common complaint. The body seems to go into a dangerous kind of overdrive metabolically and if you are one of the critically ill then immunologically as well. Thankfully it seems you avoided the latter.

The critically ill were all given consistent doses of Vit C, Vit D, Zinc, and Thiamine (Vit B1). I take all of these preventative with the addition of NAC or N-acetyl cysteine which can be acquired in pill form and is given to pts in ARDS (a common complication of Covid). I would suggest these - hopefully they are readily available for you.

For those having breathing issues we recommend, and if critically ill demand, that patients lie prone for as long as they can. Obviously it is important you use support to make sure you don't impede breathing. It can't hurt and I would do it if I was in your situation though not for any extreme amount of time but if you're lying in bed anyways then spend some time in that position.

Don't hesitate to practice deep diaphramatic breathing. It helps move the crap the virus might be generating deep in your lungs out. There are of course consideration for those around you as far as wearing a mask or minimizing the spread of aerosals.

Good luck. At the end many colleagues reported a feeling of 'jumping out of their skin' even feeling the need to exercise to burn off excess energy. Take your time.

Jeremy Ruston

Jun 3, 2020, 5:05:07 AM6/3/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again to everyone -- Donald, those details are very helpful, thank you. It's comforting to hear of the experiences of others.

My recovery is still very up and down, but I've had a good 36 hours, and feeling pretty positive that it's moving in the right direction. For many reasons, I feel very blessed, not least because the disease has not affected my lungs (confirmed by the x-ray last week) and so I've avoided the most painful symptoms, and have never felt in serious danger. I'm very fortunate to be in a comfortable situation and receiving all the care that I need.

I hope to start gently working again soon, probably starting with outstanding GitHub PRs and tickets.

Thank you again for all the good wishes,

Best wishes

Saq Imtiaz

Jun 3, 2020, 5:20:35 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

Very good to hear! I think I speak for all of us when I say, don't overdo it and err on the side of doing less than you think you can, so as to not set back your recovery. I do understand well though that being idle brings its own frustration.

Cheers,
Saq
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddl...@googlegroups.com.

Mohammad

Jun 3, 2020, 7:25:44 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy,

 I am very happy to hear that you are getting your health back!  I wish you quick recovery, no urgent job and you need to take care of your health!

Best wishes
Mohammad
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddl...@googlegroups.com.

Ikasten Enneco-Gotzon

Jun 3, 2020, 11:23:59 AM6/3/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Take care of yourself and, after full recovery, keep going ahead Jeremy!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/DB1E4FA3-0062-4AB1-928F-369B4F69295F%40gmail.com.

--
Enneco-Gotzon Ares

Nortassun. Guiçatassun.
Sciencia. Ethica. Esthetica. Empresa.
Batzar. Democracia. Republica – Infançoi. Irmandiño.
Vasconia. Naffarroa Osso. Euscal Herri.
Datu personalac babesteco abenduac 13co 15/1999 Legueari jarraituz, jaquin eçaçu meçu hau eta berari atchiquitaco oro isilpeco dela eta soilic bere harçaileari çucencen çaizquiola.
Meçu hau hutseguitez jasoz guero berau eçabatzea othoi escatzen da. Esquertuco liçate igorleari emaitea bidalqueta desegoquien berri.
Debecatuta dago aguerico baimenic gabe meçu honen edota bere eduquinen edocein erabilera edo hedatzea, ossoqui cein çathiz.
Meçu electronicoac andea daitezque. Meçu hau aldaturic, andeaturic edota aiçun balego Enneco-Gotzon Aresec, bere ordezcariec edota meçu igorleec uko eguiten deraucote ondoriozco edonolaco ardurei.

springer

Jun 7, 2020, 3:47:16 PM6/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Very relieved to hear encouraging news from you, Jeremy!

I have of course assumed that all plans for TiddlyWiki Hangouts have been shelved indefinitely. As excited as I will be to see the series continue at some point in the future, nothing should rush your recovery in the least, and your priorities should be very cautious.

Wishing you lots of breathing room,

-Springer