Infobox Template in tiddlers with specific tag

Dazzle

Feb 3, 2018, 6:34:42 AM2/3/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,

I am trying to create a little infobox on the right of each tiddler with a specific tag similiar to the ones on wikipedia (for information like author, publishing date, tags etc.).
I tried to create a template that is applied to every tiddler with the tag and uses the field values to fill in the information that should be displayed. And then I want to transclude several tiddlers to generate the main content, but the problem is, if i transclude a tiddler the text doesnt float around the infobox, instead the box is shown below the text. Is there a way to fix this? If the text was inside the same tiddler the text wrapped nicely around the box.

Mark S.

Feb 3, 2018, 9:47:33 AM2/3/18
to TiddlyWiki
It would help if you showed your work. It's hard to know exactly what you are doing and whether you need a CSS tweak or a TW tweak.

For controlling the order of inserted elements, you can use list-before and list-after. See: https://tiddlywiki.com/#Order%20of%20Tagged%20Tiddlers

Good luck!
-- Mark

Dazzle

Feb 3, 2018, 5:56:41 PM2/3/18
to TiddlyWiki
Maybe the question was a bit confusing. Basically what I want to do is let the text of a transcluded tiddler float on the left side of another element, like if the text were in the same tiddler without transclusion (for example the transcluded text should float around an image or any other element). Is it more of a css or tw problem?

Would love to hear some suggestion, and btw thanks for the reply!
- Regards Nico

Dazzle

Feb 4, 2018, 11:35:23 AM2/4/18
to TiddlyWiki
nevermind it was a very stupid mistake by myself, everything works fine now

whatever

Feb 4, 2018, 2:22:00 PM2/4/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi!

I presume you're using TW5. I don't have a plugin for TW5, but I did make one for TWC, which can maybe help you make your own plugin.

[1] http://infoboxes.tiddlyspot.com/