(TW5) How to create a substory

Jon

Dec 11, 2018, 9:30:35 AM12/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

Sorry to come back here with another question but there just isn't enough information over at tiddlywiki.com to work out how to do stuff.

The explanation to create a substory is as follows:

This example shows how to create a sub-story within a tiddler that is independent of the main story.
Here's the code:

But all there is is a demonstration of it working

I copied the code into my tiddler which did nothing. Also noticed there is a MySubStoryList tiddler but that appears to be empty.

Anyway, any help gratefully received.

Regards
Jon

Mark S.

Dec 11, 2018, 9:38:44 AM12/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
If you copied the code, what did you put after:

Click this link to get started:

?

You need to provide a starter link that references an actual tiddler in your TW.

Good luck
-- Mark

Jon

Dec 11, 2018, 10:47:35 AM12/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mark,

Yes, I did try that and nothing happened.

After your reply, I remembered one can test on Tiddlywiki.com, so I tried out things there and noticed that it only seems to work for the 'HelloThere' tiddler - if you substitute with another tiddler on the site, it doesn't appear to work there either.

Thanks
Jon

Mark S.

Dec 11, 2018, 11:04:08 AM12/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
On TiddlyWiki.com, the first "HelloThere" is part of the example code, and changing that won't do anything. You have to scroll down to the actual code and then change the 2nd "HelloThere" to something else with a link (e.g. [[Learning]]).

Can we see the entire text of the tiddler in which you are attempting to create a substory?

Thanks
-- Mark

Jon

Dec 11, 2018, 1:09:15 PM12/11/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

I worked it out - 'HelloThere' works on Tiddlywiki.com along with other CamelCase tiddlers but replacing 'HelloThere' with the name of another non-CC tiddler in the code doesn't work.

Non-CC tiddlers then require the surrounding brackets.

Well, I think that's right - seems to work anyway.

Thanks for your help
Jon

<$navigator story="MySubStoryList" history="MySubHistoryList">
Click this link to get started: DropzoneWidget
<$list filter="[list[MySubStoryList]]" history="MySubHistoryList">
! <$button message="tm-close-tiddler" class="tc-btn-invisible">{{$:/core/images/close-button}}</$button> <$view field="title"/>
<$transclude/>
</$list>
</$navigator>