JS error

Peter Buyze

Apr 12, 2020, 8:04:49 AM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
See screenshot attached.

I get this error when I want to save my TW file. Restarting TW and refreshing the browser makes no difference.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
js error.png

Peter Buyze

Apr 12, 2020, 8:35:18 AM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki forum

This message also appears when I use TiddlyDesktop, and revert to a tiddler's read mode after editing. Furthermore, when I then want to save the file I also get that message and TWD refuses to save.
--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

Date: 12 Apr 2020, 15:04
Subject: [tw5] JS error

js error.png

Eric Shulman

Apr 12, 2020, 9:58:06 AM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Sunday, April 12, 2020 at 5:04:49 AM UTC-7, Peter Buyze wrote:
See screenshot attached.
I get this error when I want to save my TW file. Restarting TW and refreshing the browser makes no difference.

A quick Google search for "GM_registerMenuCommand" yields links to GreaseMonkey and TamperMonkey.
If you have either of those installed in your browser, try disabling it and see what happens.

good luck,
-e

Peter Buyze

Apr 12, 2020, 10:38:52 AM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Disabling ViolentMonkey stops that message popping up when using TW in the browser. When using TiddlyDesktop it still occurs, though without a reference to any possible JS-interfering app.

So, I guess running TW in the browser in my best bet.

Thanks for your help Eric.

12 Apr 2020, 16:58 by elsd...@gmail.com:

Lin Onetwo

Apr 12, 2020, 11:31:56 AM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
I guess GreaseMonkey has inject some code to your wiki and make it dirty...So this error occurs in TiddlyDesktop.

在 2020年4月12日星期日 UTC+8下午10:38:52,Peter Buyze写道:
Disabling ViolentMonkey stops that message popping up when using TW in the browser. When using TiddlyDesktop it still occurs, though without a reference to any possible JS-interfering app.

So, I guess running TW in the browser in my best bet.

Thanks for your help Eric.

12 Apr 2020, 16:58 by elsd...@gmail.com:
On Sunday, April 12, 2020 at 5:04:49 AM UTC-7, Peter Buyze wrote:
See screenshot attached.
I get this error when I want to save my TW file. Restarting TW and refreshing the browser makes no difference.

A quick Google search for "GM_registerMenuCommand" yields links to GreaseMonkey and TamperMonkey.
If you have either of those installed in your browser, try disabling it and see what happens.

good luck,
-e

Peter Buyze

Apr 12, 2020, 11:37:14 AM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
But then why does the message not occur when I use my wiki in the browser?

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

12 Apr 2020, 18:31 by lindo...@gmail.com:

Mark S.

Apr 12, 2020, 11:58:52 AM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki

Do you get the same message when using TD, or a different message? If a different message,
maybe show a screen shot of that one as well.

On Sunday, April 12, 2020 at 5:35:18 AM UTC-7, Peter Buyze wrote:

This message also appears when I use TiddlyDesktop, and revert to a tiddler's read mode after editing. Furthermore, when I then want to save the file I also get that message and TWD refuses to save.
--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

Peter Buyze

Apr 12, 2020, 12:11:20 PM4/12/20
to 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
No mention of an app - see latest attachment.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

12 Apr 2020, 18:58 by tiddl...@googlegroups.com:
js2.png