[TW5] How Do I Create a Powerpoint-style Presentation in TiddlyWiki5?

TiddlyTalker

Feb 18, 2017, 5:01:37 PM2/18/17
to TiddlyWiki
I have read various tutorials, tips and tricks. But I can't seem to understand it.

So far, I've understood that there are different ways to create a slideshow presentation, but that's about it.

What I'm trying to do is embed a slideshow presentation into a single tiddler, so that I don't have to open a tiddler every time I switch to a different slide in the presentation.

How do I do this?

I would like to embed an OpenOffice presentation that can be overwritten in the tiddler (in case I need to modify it). Or better yet, some sort of native TiddlyWiki5 slideshow tool that can be modified in the TW5 environment.

Keep in mind, I'm relatively new to HTML, and haven't yet learned CSS, Javascript, or any other type of coding.

Thank you for your consideration!

Jan

Feb 19, 2017, 4:25:12 AM2/19/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
implementing all the features of Powerpoint is quite a challenge...
There is  Jeremy's tiddlytalky and Jed did a Slidshowwizard... and I  am working on something that should make it a little sleeker and easier to make a presentation, but you will have to be patient for a month or so...

Greetings Jan

Jed Carty

Feb 19, 2017, 4:40:26 AM2/19/17
to TiddlyWiki
For something easier than what I made Birthe made a nice slideshow for tiddlywiki that I liked but I can't find it now. I have been terrible about saving examples in the past year or so.

Ste Wilson

Feb 19, 2017, 6:33:47 AM2/19/17
to TiddlyWiki
I used slidego.com to covert a power point to html5 and then embedded that.
Might be a workaround. Example here:

http://stephenteacher.tiddlyspot.com/#Unit%205%20P1%20Worked%20Example

Mat

Feb 19, 2017, 1:45:30 PM2/19/17
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyTalker - not 100% sure it fulfills your needs but inspired by your question I just made this.

<:-)

Josiah

Feb 20, 2017, 4:56:32 AM2/20/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Update: This reply is to MAT ...

Love the FULL-SCREEN-NESS!

Small points.

1 - BETWEEN slides the normal layout flashes in for a moment.

2 - Partially a question: IF this also had (on hover) navigation buttons it could be generalised for a image gallery navigator?

Best wishes
Josiah

Jed Carty

Feb 20, 2017, 7:44:20 AM2/20/17
to TiddlyWiki
I made a simple photo gallery thing here (http://ooktech.com/jed/ExampleWikis/PhotoGallery/), I think that the forward/backward headers could pretty easily be modified to fit in with what Mat made to make something that looks much better than mine.

Josiah

Feb 20, 2017, 9:33:07 AM2/20/17
to TiddlyWiki
Jed & Mat

I am absolutely convinced that TW could be used to replace the Flash Galleries I currently use (a couple of e.g. http://www.weyersberg.ws/works/identity/gal-1/ and  http://www.weyersberg.ws/works/diavoli/gal-1/)

The reason why I want to is creating flash galleries is a PITA. They are are not easy to revise and cross platform issues get very difficult.

I'm not there yet but the things you have done are helping me get clearer about what to do.

Best wishes
Josiah

Jan

Feb 20, 2017, 5:28:37 PM2/20/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat,
Nice work!

Am 19.02.2017 um 19:45 schrieb Mat:
TiddlyTalker - not 100% sure it fulfills your needs but inspired by your question I just made this.

<:-)

TiddlyTalker

Feb 22, 2017, 9:31:03 PM2/22/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Jed Carty, your Wizard Wizard is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

I would like to give you credit on my TiddlyWiki5 for your plugin. How should I sign your name, besides a link to your plugin?

~ TiddlyTalker

Jed Carty

Feb 23, 2017, 1:27:42 AM2/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
Just a link to the plugin site is probably enough. I tend to sign everything as inmysocks so that would be more useful for letting people know what other things I make than Jed would be. I am in the process of switching things to OokTech and updating all the plugins with explicit licenses and once that is done there will be a tiddler you can point to will all the information in it, but that isn't finished yet.