[Node.js] Unable to update past 5.1.13

William RENOU

Nov 21, 2017, 10:24:40 PM11/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hello.
I was running on 5.1.13 and decided to upgrade my server to 5.1.15 after testing it for a bit. Unfortunately since the upgrade it has become mostly unusable. I can open my TW fine but when used, most functions return a javascript error. Even only opening the TW yield errors.

$:/core/modules/utils/dom/http.js:65
OPTIONS http://host/path/ 404 (Not Found)
 exports
.httpRequest @ $:/core/modules/utils/dom/http.js:65

PutSaver @ $:/core/modules/savers/put.js:28
 exports
.create @ $:/core/modules/savers/put.js:108

(anonymous) @ $:/core/modules/saver-handler.js:122

(anonymous) @ (index):24882
 $tw
.utils.each @ (index):24213
 $tw
.modules.forEachModuleOfType @ (index):24881

SaverHandler.initSavers @ $:/core/modules/saver-handler.js:120

SaverHandler @ $:/core/modules/saver-handler.js:30
 exports
.startup @ $:/core/modules/startup.js:115
 $tw
.boot.executeNextStartupTask @ (index):26094
 $tw
.boot.executeNextStartupTask @ (index):26098
 $tw
.boot.executeNextStartupTask @ (index):26098
 $tw
.boot.startup @ (index):26051

(anonymous) @ (index):26200
 $tw
.boot.decryptEncryptedTiddlers @ (index):25479
 $tw
.boot.boot @ (index):26198
 _boot
@ (index):26207

(anonymous) @ (index):26217

$
:/core/modules/utils/dom/http.js:65 HEAD http://host/path/ 404 (Not Found)

PutSaver @ $:/core/modules/savers/put.js:39
[...]

I first thought plugins were to blame so I disabled them, no effect. I then downgraded to .14 and again to .13 since .14 was showing the exact same symptoms. Returning to .13 showed my TW back to functionnal status.
As a test I tried to create a new TW under .15 and it is working fine, meaning my issue was a configuration issue on my TW folders. The error typically triggers when I open the Recent Sidebar tab.
Most errors I get during use are like this one :
(index):24287 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'day' of undefined
$tw
.utils.error @ (index):24287
window
.onerror @ (index):24314
setTimeout
(async)
exports
.nextTick @ $:/core/modules/utils/utils.js:584
exports
.enqueueTiddlerEvent @ $:/core/modules/wiki.js:152
deleteTiddler
@ (index):25065
Popup.cancel @ $:/core/modules/utils/dom/popup.js:144
Popup.handleEvent @ $:/core/modules/utils/dom/popup.js:69
$
:/core/modules/tiddler.js:138 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'day' of undefined
    at $tw
.Tiddler.exports.getFieldDay ($:/core/modules/tiddler.js:138)
    at
eval ($:/core/modules/filters/sameday.js:26)
    at each
((index):25093)
    at exports
.sameday ($:/core/modules/filters/sameday.js:24)
    at
eval ($:/core/modules/filters.js:207)
    at
Object.$tw.utils.each ((index):24224)
    at operationSubFunction
($:/core/modules/filters.js:190)
    at
eval ($:/core/modules/filters.js:238)
    at
eval ($:/core/modules/filters.js:263)
    at
Object.$tw.utils.each ((index):24224)
I could rollback to .13 and keep using my TW, but I'd really like to fix them as there are a few things the updates added I could use.

Jeremy Ruston

Nov 22, 2017, 4:27:48 AM11/22/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi William

The first error looks as though TiddlyWiki is trying to use the PUT saver to save changes. That suggests that maybe you have not got the required tiddlyweb plugin loaded. The plugins you’re using should be entered into the tiddlywiki.info file for your wiki:

The second error looks like maybe you’ve got a 5.1.13 plugin loaded as a literal tiddler. It won’t get updated when you upgrade because it’s a literal tiddler rather than a reference in the tiddlywiki.info file.

If the system will let you, you can use the $:/AdvancedSearch “Filter" tag to help track this down:

First, the following filter expression will list all of the different values for the “version” field of the loaded plugins:

[all[tiddlers]each[version]get[version]]

If you see “5.1.13” listed then you can identify the specific rogue plugin with the following expression that lists all of the plugins with the “version” field set to 5.1.13:

[all[tiddlers]version[5.1.13]]

If none of that helps then I think you might be best starting with a new wiki and progressively bringing your content over until you can see what breaks.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Arlen Beiler

Nov 22, 2017, 5:17:53 AM11/22/17
to TiddlyWiki
The first error is probably resulting a rogue plugin as well, since the put saver always makes that options request to check if it is able to work. The request does look a little funny, but I still think it is a rogue plugin being stored as a tiddler. You can try deleting all the system tiddlers in the actual tiddlers folder in the data folder to see if that fixes it then add them back in until you find the problem tiddler. It will probably start with either $__core or $__plugins, so add your other ones first in a lump if you want and then add the "$__plugin" files one by one. If there is a file named $__core.tid or something like that and is over a MB, don't add it as it is definitely a problem.

Hope that helps.

William RENOU

Nov 22, 2017, 7:41:30 AM11/22/17
to TiddlyWiki
I created a new TW and progressively copied my tiddlers over to it, first installing the same plugins I had then moving standard tiddlers, macro / template tiddlers and checking each time if it broke it. Since it still worked fine I used your method (because I really don't like fixing something and not understanding how I did it), plugin to blame was a language plugin. I had forgotten about this one & feel kind of dumb not to have checked this one.