beginning to understand

Eneko Gotzon

Sep 6, 2016, 9:06:46 AM9/6/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all Byte Masters!

I think I begin to understand what TW is and what it offers.

I have begun to use it to write poetry (being each poem a tiddler). I think the markup capabilities of TW can offer interesting linking and browsing capabilities between the verses.

I believe that for me, humble beginner, it is a good choice to start saving my tiddlers as plain text (but doing that ​I guess the markup capabilities within the text –i.e., poems– are lost.).

Thank​ you very much for this promising app!

--
Eneko Gotzon Ares
eneko...@gmail.com

Mark S.

Sep 6, 2016, 10:38:19 AM9/6/16
to TiddlyWiki
I imagine you want text mode so that the line breaks fall naturally.

If you use 3 quote marks at the top of a TW5 style tiddler ("""), you will get text-like lines and much (but not all) of the formatting ability.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sep 6, 2016, 10:40:41 AM9/6/16
to TiddlyWiki
Glad you're enjoying TW and finding it useful for your needs, Eneko :)

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 9:06:46 AM UTC-4, Eneko Gotzon wrote:
...I believe that for me, humble beginner, it is a good choice to start saving my tiddlers as plain text (but doing that ​I guess the markup capabilities within the text –i.e., poems– are lost.).

When you look at it, though, any of the formats that you can export your tiddlers (Poems, in your case) in, are all plain text files, each just formatted a little differently so that they can be read back into your wiki.

Try exporting one of your poems as each of a .tid, a .json, a .csv and an .html file and then look at each one with a text editor (even Windows Notepad will do ;) ) - You'll see that your original, plain-text data is in there, just formatted in a certain way or with some added bits of html markup.

Also, your formatting (markup) can be saved if you export as HTML, and you have the added convenience of being able to view that page in any web browser, and it will look just as it did when you created it in TW :)

--Zaphod

Eneko Gotzon

Sep 6, 2016, 5:20:47 PM9/6/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 4:38 PM, 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki <tiddl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I imagine you want text mode…

​C
orrect
​supposition
​!​

If you use 3 quote marks…

​Thank you Mark!

Rizwan Ishak

Sep 6, 2016, 9:12:00 PM9/6/16
to TiddlyWiki
You can use Microsoft word or Libreoffice to write your works - just save them using save as type "html". This will generate the tags required for the formatting.

Eneko Gotzon

Sep 7, 2016, 5:42:13 AM9/7/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:11 AM, Rizwan Ishak <madapeed...@gmail.com> wrote:
You can use Microsoft word or Libreoffice…

​Thank you Rizwan.

For now I will continue using TW5 because it seems an interesting software.

Eneko Gotzon

Sep 7, 2016, 6:00:12 AM9/7/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Eneko Gotzon <eneko...@gmail.com> wrote:
I will continue using TW5…

​M
aybe
​TW5 is not my best choice…
​continue
 learning.
Message has been deleted

Eneko Gotzon

Sep 7, 2016, 4:45:27 PM9/7/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Thomas Elmiger <thomas....@gmail.com> wrote:
 experiment with interactive writing and TW5…

Interesting, exciting… ​Thank you Thomas.

Thomas Elmiger

Sep 7, 2016, 5:57:30 PM9/7/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hmm … looks like Google deleted my previous post (classified as spam). I try to post the link to Steve’s course once more:

http://bit.do/designwrite

Hope, this stays here.
Thomas

Thomas Elmiger

Sep 7, 2016, 6:04:05 PM9/7/16
to TiddlyWiki
Was my link classified as spam again?! This is the same destination without redirect: https://designwritestudio.github.io/

Good night!

Eneko Gotzon

Sep 7, 2016, 7:31:38 PM9/7/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 12:04 AM, Thomas Elmiger <thomas....@gmail.com> wrote:
Was my link classified as spam again?!

Mark S.

Sep 7, 2016, 8:55:09 PM9/7/16
to TiddlyWiki
My in-house "consultant" suggests that probably all link-shortening services are viewed suspiciously.

Mark

Thomas Elmiger

Sep 8, 2016, 1:08:40 AM9/8/16
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you both for the hints. I posted a link over in the forum of the course (https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/designwrite)
Have a nice day!

John Newell

Sep 12, 2016, 11:09:11 PM9/12/16
to TiddlyWiki
Totally agree with you, Eneko - which is why I have used it to create a very unique ebook
The ability to format and deliver more attractive and appropriate content leaves ePUB etc for dead.
Get a free copy of my wife's "tw-book" version of her book on my recent post.
I would love to see what you are doing with your poetry.....

cheers JOHN

Eneko Gotzon

Sep 13, 2016, 7:07:02 PM9/13/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 5:09 AM, John Newell <magil...@gmail.com> wrote:
Get a free copy of my wife's "tw-book"…

​Thank you John.

I would love to see what you are doing with your poetry…

Above all, build my
​(​
unique
​)​
life
​.

Best wishes ​for all you, Future Makers!