Re-imaging tag pills working prototype macros

TonyM

Jun 3, 2020, 2:19:55 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Folks,

If you drop the attached json on a tiddlywiki, perhaps tiddlywiki.com you will install a number of proto-type solutions for tag pills I have developed.
They are all macros so no save and reload needed

You can use them as is, modify them to you own taste or provide feedback before I release published versions.
  • All macros have the PSaT brand as that is my business "People, Systems and Things".
  • There is no licencing, they free to use without acknowledgement,

What does it include?
  • Open All Tagged - A macro that places an Option on tag pills to Open all Tiddlers so tagged
  • Close All Tagged - A macro that places an Option on tag pills to Close all Tiddlers so tagged
  • Copy tag to clipboardA macro that places an Option on tag pills to copy the tagname to the clipboard
  • ViewToolBar2 use the tag $:/tags/ViewToolbar2 on tiddlers to add them to an additional toolbar on tiddlers using the view template
  • A tagging here icon
    • Either using one of the tiddlers as a template in your tiddlers,
    • or taggit with $:/tags/ViewToolbar2
      • A tag Icon appears, below your ViewToolbar if the current tiddler is so tagged
      • From here you can make use of the various tag pill additions above
      • Use this to quickly navigate to children tagged with this tiddler.
    • The tag will respond to the current tiddlers icon and color field
    • People may make use of the image

      $:/PSaT/tagging-here/images/tag for their own use

Please provide feedback on the individual items or this as a package as a whole.

This may give you all some hints to a secret development, I am planning for tiddlywiki, I hope will be of revolutionary nature, who knows.
I will keep it secret for now but feedback on this facility here will help me develop it further, because I plan to leverage these tools

Some Questions I have;
  • How do I make the dropdown open to the left, rather than right of where I click?
    • If the side bar is closed this is a little awkward to use
  • Would viewtoolbar2 make sense as a part of the standard distribution?
  • Does viewtoolbar2 have any unwanted side effects?
Thanks in advance, but I hope you find this useful in its own right.

Regards
TonyM
reimagin-tags.bundle.json

Saq Imtiaz

Jun 3, 2020, 2:58:15 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

Just a suggestion: I think you will get more feedback if you lower the barrier to entry by posting a link to a working demo or attach a tiddlywiki file, even if it is just a copy of TiddlyWiki.com with your tiddlers added.

Cheers,
Saq

TonyM

Jun 3, 2020, 4:13:53 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Sure,

Fine with me, its only prototype. And I don't have a rapid demo and host setup yet available.

Actually the reason why I did not think this was a barrier is because of this new workflow.
  • In Chrome click download
  • Change the tab to tiddlywiki.com
  • The json file appears in the browser tray at the bottom
  • Drag the downloaded file and Drop it on tiddlywiki
  • This works to any wiki out of the box, no new tab needed, very smooth.

Thanks for the input.

Tony

Ste Wilson

Jun 3, 2020, 5:04:02 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Very smooth.....unless you're on mobile.......!!!!

TonyM

Jun 3, 2020, 5:06:54 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ste,

Do you mean my workflow for chrome?

I wonder out the original solution works on mobile too?

I expect I will need the tag pill to open left or centre, perhaps a modal instead would be needed.

Regards
Tony

Ste Wilson

Jun 3, 2020, 5:14:44 AM6/3/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,
Yes, you can't drag things into a wiki on mobile.  It's not the end of the world, the import button can be used, but it's not quite as smoooooth :)
On the other hand, I've recklessly added your macros to my wiki o have a play with!

So quick bit of feed back!

For me the tag that appears on the right in toddlers tagged Table of Contents seems a little redundant as the functionality is provided by the clicking on the tag pill table of contents, and anything I have tagged with that is a list of the toddlers tagged with that toddler, so the right tag does not provide any additional functionality of info!

Everything else looks good!

Edited...can't drag and drop things on mobile! not chrome!

Ste Wilson

Jun 3, 2020, 5:35:40 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
On playing a little more....the right hand tag doesn't appear in just table of content tiddlers....which makes it more useful, but doesn't appear in all tiddlers....should it, or does it only appear in tiddlers which have other tiddler tagged with them?  Interesting :)
It's looking like it will make my wiki a whole lot quicker to navigate!

Will keep playing :D

TonyM

Jun 3, 2020, 5:47:05 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ste

It may appear redundant but its quite different in some ways for example if you have many tags you do not have to look for it. And typically there is no tag pill for the tiddler you are looking at.

It will only appear if other tiddlers have the current one as a tag. Ed it it a tag pill for the current tiddler, clicking of tableofcontents show the siblings of the current not its children.

Regards
Tony

But the placement off the special tag on the right is a demonstration the second toolbar.

Ste Wilson

Jun 3, 2020, 5:48:25 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki

screenshot-stephenteacher.tiddlyspot.com-2020.06.03-10_40_42.png

Tagged a tiddler with $:/tags/ViewToolbar2 and the text in it just appears next to the tag on the right...A second tagged tiddler appends on the end of this!
Is that intended behaviour?...why is that useful (I'm probably just being slow :)) ?

TonyM

Jun 3, 2020, 6:33:22 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Are.

It to place buttons like any tool bar. Perhaps something to change status etc...

Try tagging a view template button with toolbar2 tag.

I will be making more tools that can use this space but any button should work there. I thought of putting the tag pill I created in the subtitle but that needs a core tiddler to be edited.

I am thinking of providing an alternative pill that allows you to tag the current tiddler from a set like status etc...

Regards
Tony

Ste Wilson

Jun 3, 2020, 6:40:31 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ahhhh :)
Sounds interesting.

Thanks for this new tool anyway!  I shall be keeping it my wiki.

Stephen

TonyM

Jun 3, 2020, 7:00:08 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Your welcome ste.

If you it inspires you with a "what if" let me know.

tony

Ste Wilson

Jun 22, 2020, 5:19:58 AM6/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

Just a small thing..

When clicking on the right pill, the menu comes out down and right, and, especially on mobile, this takes it off-screen.  Could it come down and left?

TW Tones

Jun 22, 2020, 6:19:04 AM6/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ste

Good idea but I do not know how to do it. I have tried in the past but keep the sidebar open instead.

Tony

Birthe C

Jun 22, 2020, 8:04:12 AM6/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
TW Tones,

I am wondering, because I can't make it work either. But isn't it supposed to https://tiddlywiki.com/#RevealWidget

position: The position used for the popup when the type is popup. Can be left, above, aboveright, right, belowleft or below

Birthe

TW Tones

Jun 22, 2020, 9:37:33 AM6/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
Birthe,

Would you believe, you just revealed something about me and revealing things?

I have always favoured list filters over using reveal, for some reason in my early days of TW5, I tend only resort to it for comparisons,
which recent filters overcome anyway.

Clearly I need to resort to reveal and building a fresh popup rather than stealing the existing tag pill macro.

I will look in to it Tomorrow +12hrs.
Thanks again for your kind help and observations skills (of my blabber).

Regards
Tony

TW Tones

Jun 24, 2020, 8:57:58 PM6/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Update Birth;

Given my recent posts on autonomous fields/tags and the codeTiddler. I am delaying fixing this, sorry.

Regards
Tonyt

Ste Wilson

Jun 25, 2020, 11:02:11 AM6/25/20