Novice challenge

Charles Palmer

May 14, 2020, 10:59:04 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Needing RoamResearch's tool but on storage I (or my company) controls, I am moving to TW5/Stroll. In migrating my notes from all over, I'm finding it hard to decide between text, markdown, and TW5 format. I have two challenges:

1. I much prefer to work in markdown, but if I choose that then the TW5 [[…]] links do not work.
2. If I import something that is originally HTML, then it is still HTML in TW5/Stroll and, once again, the TW5 [[…]] links do not work.  Anne-Laure's excellent articles have been great help, but I must have missed a key point somewhere.

ccp

Saq Imtiaz

May 14, 2020, 11:06:22 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
You can enable [[...]] links in Markdown as detailed here:

Peter Buyze

May 14, 2020, 11:26:31 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
You need the markdown plug-in to be able to use markdown.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

14 May 2020, 17:59 by eatc...@gmail.com:

David Gifford

May 14, 2020, 1:35:44 PM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Glad you find Stroll helpful, Charles!

Charles Palmer

May 14, 2020, 9:42:48 PM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki

Ok, I am a novice... so when I simply created a toddler with the proper name specified at the link below, it succeeded but it did not appear in the "more" list where the other markdown configuration file appeared.  Hoping it worked, I then created a tiddly with markdown style and included a couple of [[ ]] references to riddlers that I knew existed.  Upon typing [[ I expected a pop up of the choices, but none appeared.  When I proceeded to type the  name of the existing tiddly [[5G]] and hit save.  The tiddly did not end up with a reference to the existing tiddly, but the markdown looked great. In addition, the directions say to use the official tiddlywiki markdown plugin.  I only found one markdown plugin in the list so that's what I installed.

Birthe C

May 15, 2020, 3:24:13 AM5/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
The popup when you write [[ is due to the plugin edit-comptext. If you look at the readme for the plugin you will see that it needs the change from the normal editor type from text/vnd to comptext. Using markdown you change that and it will not work.

Birthe

Saq Imtiaz

May 15, 2020, 3:40:03 AM5/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
If you want the comptext plugin (which is what TiddlyBlink uses) to support autocompletion of [[title]] format links in markdown tiddlers:
Create a tiddler with the title
$:/config/EditorTypeMappings/text/x-markdown

Where the text of the tiddler is:
comptext

Are the [[...]] Links in the markdown tiddlers showing up as links when you save the tiddlers? If not, then the previous step was not performed correctly. I'm a bit tied up today but hopefully someone can take you through making these changes stepwise.

Charles Palmer

May 15, 2020, 9:45:01 AM5/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Great!  That fixed the pulldown ... but while the Markdown is formatted correctly after I click the check mark, the [[5G]] links do not change - they are still [[5G]] .

Saq Imtiaz

May 15, 2020, 9:47:35 AM5/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Open Advanced Search by clicking on the search icon next to the search field.
In the shadow tab, search for:

$:/config/markdown/renderWikiTextPragma

It should already exist.

Edit it so that its text is:

\rules only html image macrocallinline syslink transcludeinline wikilink filteredtranscludeblock macrocallblock transcludeblock prettylink

bemself

May 16, 2020, 4:36:10 AM5/16/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thank you for this tip, it works for my markdown~

I’d like to ask for help the same on the comments (I am using the Comments plugin), is there any way it can also work for the comment edit?