Question and Idea - assign a button a shortcut

81 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

TW Tones

no leída,
5 dic 2020, 7:44:50 p.m.5/12/2020
para TiddlyWiki
Folks,

I am investigating ways to make use of extended Unicode characters in tiddlywiki.
  • Be warned this subject is a deep and complex issue

As a result I want to create a "virtual keyboard" of buttons for the selection of 0-9 and a-z A-Z from different code pages. Of course we can click each button with the mouse.

Eg to access something like this ➀➁➂➃➄➅➆➇➈ or Snag_32bec8a.png
So I would like to find away such that if I have my virtual keyboard visible the keys 123456789 will be the keyboard keys for the matching button.

This is particularly important if you want to type prose in a different character set.

I am just not sure how to give a button a single key shortcut.

Is it possible, and if so how?

Thanks in advance

Hans Wobbe

no leída,
6 dic 2020, 6:54:04 a.m.6/12/2020
para TiddlyWiki
  • Consider adding a ".buttons" field to any tiddler that you want to use to offer up a sub-set of the Unicode symbols that exist as individual tiddlers.  This creates a "local" effect that can also be transcluded into other tiddlers.
  • Each tiddler's "buttons" field can also be transcluded in a common viewTemplate field that is positioned near the top of any tiddler that contains it, for easy access. One benefit of this approach is that minimizes  the use of tags (which might otherwise over-whelm the wiki)
This has been sufficient for my use during the past several years in which I've built a personal "symbols" language that dramatical improves "Information density" and Search performance.

- hans

TW Tones

no leída,
6 dic 2020, 7:59:17 a.m.6/12/2020
para TiddlyWiki
Hans,

Thanks for some guidence.

I am not sure I know enough to understand and implement your suggestion. Some more info would be appreciated.

Your personal "symbols" language that dramatical improves "Information density" and Search performance  I would love to know more as it sounds very interesting.

I am dabbling with Unicode a lot and see some interesting possibilities. I am keen at the moment to work out how to build virtual keyboards, that respond to standard keys. I have some interesting ideas I will share soon.

Tones

Hans Wobbe

no leída,
7 dic 2020, 3:37:21 p.m.7/12/2020
para TiddlyWiki
Tones,

I am traveling for the next few days, with limited internet access,  so it will be the end of the weekend before I can reply properly.

Cheers,
Hans

Responder a todos
Responder al autor