What is the issue with list-tagged-draggable?

Mohammad

Nov 5, 2018, 3:08:46 AM11/5/18
to TiddlyWiki

A Customized TOC and list-tagged-draggable

Inspired from the work by @TonyM, I have a two levels TOC macro. It uses a simple nested list widget.
Then I use the list-tagged-draggable  macro to re arrange the list or add new tiddler. Strangely when I use
grad and drop to re arrange the tiddlers I got wrong ordinal number!

Is list-tagged-draggable  macro buggy? Or something I missed in the code?

A demo to reproduce the issue can be found here

Best

Mohammad

Mark S.

Nov 5, 2018, 1:06:03 PM11/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
I don't understand the instructions. What chevrons?

-- Mark

Matthew Lauber

Nov 5, 2018, 1:36:26 PM11/5/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
As far as I can tell, this is a rare bug in browser behavior in Chrome.  Nothing in the html for the lists specifies the numbers.  It (chrome) is supposed to automatically calculate them when rendering.  I wonder if we're not managing to cause it to confuse it by changing the order.  I note that I cannot reproduce the bug in firefox.

Matt

Mohammad

Nov 5, 2018, 1:56:50 PM11/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Mark,
 I mean the small arrows. To reproduce the issue
  1.  from sidebar click on "Slider Manager" Tab
  2. Expand the TOC by clicking on small arrows (not important, but note that the Slider Manager Tab is open)
  3. Now in "Sl-Tutorial" tiddler (one is open at the top) drag and drop tiddlers in the list
  4. Note to the ordinal numbers

Cheers
Mohammad

Mohammad

Nov 5, 2018, 2:28:20 PM11/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Matt,
Your commend made me test the code in some other browsers
  1. In Edge it does not work, does not show even correct ordinal number!
  2. in FF it works fine, but drag and drop is too slow (not related to my issue)
It seems you are correct! I appreciate others if they have any experiences on this!

Best
Mohammad

Mark S.

Nov 5, 2018, 5:34:09 PM11/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
In my FF, I don't see those chevron's, BTW.

-- Mark

Mohammad

Nov 5, 2018, 6:31:01 PM11/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
Mark you are right!
It uses details tag of html5 which seems differently supported by different browser.

Mohammad

Mohammad

Nov 6, 2018, 9:42:24 AM11/6/18
to TiddlyWiki
Matt,
 When I close the sidebar, the  list-tagged-draggable works correctly!
It is a strange behavior and I am not sure if the bug is from  list-tagged-draggable!

Mohammad