edit/display fields

UBi

Sep 17, 2015, 6:01:44 AM9/17/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,

is there a way to use tiddler fields as additional textarea fields? I would like to use it for instruction tiddlers like this:

field "text":
  Instruction specific bla bla.
  Here's the SQL:
  {{!!sql}}
  And here's the result:
  {{!!result}}
  blabla

field "sql":
  select
    col1,col2
  from
    table1
  where
    col1='99';

field "result":
  |col1|col2|
  |99|1.0|
  |99|2.5|

It already works, but
- editing "sql" and "result" in a small input field is tedious
- the transcluded field contents lack formatting. I would like to input and display the "sql" field content as mono spaced code.

Any ideas?

Tobias Beer

Sep 17, 2015, 7:42:21 AM9/17/15
to TiddlyWiki
Here's an issue recently created by Spangenheim for this imho very meaningful change:

#1932 Feature Request: Replacing the "editTemplate" fields from input to textarea
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1932

Perhaps hop over there and +1.

Best wishes,

— tb

Mat

Sep 17, 2015, 8:55:59 AM9/17/15
to TiddlyWiki
<$edit field="yourfield" class="tc-edit-texteditor" tiddler=... />

<:-)

UBi

Sep 17, 2015, 9:05:41 AM9/17/15
to TiddlyWiki
Mario, thanks fur the github link! I changed $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/fields the same way Spangenheim did, and have a working setup now.

I really should sign up at github again (forgot my credentials).

UBi

infurnoape

Sep 18, 2015, 10:08:23 PM9/18/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Dam. Sorry Tobias, I was going to take you advise, and I was going to not publish my plugin, but just when I thought I could get rid of the stupid pooping dog icon, another reason to keep my core override plugin pops up.

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5