Running Tiddly Wiki from Synology NAS Drive

Farayi Chambati

Sep 8, 2016, 11:09:40 PM9/8/16
to TiddlyWiki

Does anyone have experience or tips?

Tobias Beer

Sep 9, 2016, 1:26:27 AM9/9/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Farayi,

What would be the technological challenge?

Best wishes,

Tobias.

Farayi Chambati

Sep 9, 2016, 5:20:07 PM9/9/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tobias,

I cannot seem to get to run a tiddlywiki file of my Synology drive. I can run Dokuwiki and Wordpress but not TW. I put the file in a folder under my web folder. If I open it to opens in text editor instead of rendering.

Warning - I am non technical at all.

Mat

Sep 9, 2016, 5:55:56 PM9/9/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Farayi. TiddlyWiki is in many senses "just a webpage", so you actually open it in a your webbrowser. If you're on a windows machine you can e.g right click on the tw file and choose to open it with whatever browser it is you use. The relationship of a tiddlywiki to a browser is comparable to that of, say, a word document to word.

<:-)

Farayi Chambati

Sep 9, 2016, 5:58:52 PM9/9/16
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Mat.

I am trying to host the file on my NAS so that I can open this file from anyway. It is opening in text editor?

Thomas Elmiger

Sep 10, 2016, 1:22:03 AM9/10/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Farayi, did you name your file with an ending .html (or .htm)? This is one of the signs webservers and operating systems use to decide how to serve/open a file.
Good luck, Thomas

Mat

Sep 10, 2016, 3:07:00 AM9/10/16
to TiddlyWiki
As a first step, you can set up the most simple webpage showing any html to ensure this is working so that you can "surf" to it and see it as a processed html page. There are many resources on the web for how to do this, probably including examples with a NAS.

That is not a TW matter of course. So once you have that working, come back here and we'll see how to exchange that file for a TW.

<:-)

Jeremy Ruston

Sep 10, 2016, 3:31:05 AM9/10/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Farayi

There has been some discussion in the past about getting TiddlyWiki working on Synology NAS:

Not entirely helpful, I’m afraid.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Danielo Rodríguez

Sep 10, 2016, 9:27:30 AM9/10/16
to TiddlyWiki
Just install following packages

Web for static files
There is one php control panel, install it if you want to to save using the php saver

Or if you want to serve a Noteself edition install a couchdb service

Regards

J Mc

Sep 11, 2016, 11:01:02 AM9/11/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Farayi Chambati,
have a look at this post.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/tqXXRMojJks

J Mc

Farayi Chambati

Sep 21, 2016, 2:10:50 AM9/21/16
to TiddlyWiki
This is promising. Thanks J Mc.

Farayi Chambati

Sep 21, 2016, 2:11:52 AM9/21/16
to TiddlyWiki
Kindly provide link for the package @Daniel

Regards @

David Someone

Sep 23, 2016, 2:53:45 PM9/23/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I've got an XPenology (Synology on my own hardware - see xpenology.me ) ... There is a node.js package, but it's crap. Use storetiddler.php and just run it on the built-in apache.

PJO

Sep 23, 2016, 3:58:13 PM9/23/16
to TiddlyWiki
I use Syncovery to keep a few directories synced to my Synology and just edit locally on my computer; NAS is primarily backup. I use SSD drives locally so much faster than loading from the network.