TiddlyWiki "Objects" - Please contribute

TonyM

May 14, 2018, 11:26:17 PM5/14/18
to TiddlyWiki
Folks,

I would like to identify all the possible "Objects" that relate to tiddlywiki to assist me in creating an effective tiddlywiki resource;

Here are the ones I have so far
  • Code Snipits
  • Discussions (eg Google Group)
  • Editions
  • Showcase ? (Example TiddlyWiki not an official edition)
  • Macros
  • Plugins
  • Themes
  • StyleSheets
  • TiddlyWikis
  • Menus
  • Buttons
  • Widgets
  • Filters
  • Solutions
Please let me know of any others you think of

As with my Recent Posts TiddlyWiki Focused Solution Areas - Please contribute and TiddlyWiki Focused Designer areas - Please contribute I am continuing to develop a way of curating TiddlyWiki knowledge .

I will not be revealing my proposal publicly until I have a Showcase to demonstrate. However if you are keen, do contact me with a Private Message. WordPress, TiddlyWiki and or Enterprise social experience are all in the mix along with online community development experience.

Regards
Tony

Ste Wilson

May 15, 2018, 7:58:00 AM5/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Templates

@TiddlyTweeter

May 15, 2018, 8:05:40 AM5/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Parsing

Import

Export

TonyM

May 15, 2018, 10:32:57 AM5/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Josiah

By that you mean parsers, exporters and importers I presume?

Thanks all
Tony

@TiddlyTweeter

May 15, 2018, 10:43:39 AM5/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
No. I mean the way that TW uses its Parsing SYSTEM to translate bare markup to rendered HTML. This is more primary than any one specific import or export format. Its the primary system that enables such CONVERSIONS.

Its not so well documented as yet.

TonyM

May 15, 2018, 7:29:38 PM5/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Josiah,

I am keen to identify "Objects", in Fact Object Types, things for which there are typically more than one of each, against which we may want to list alternatives. I am not sure if Importers exist but Parsers and Exporters certainly do, so I can use them.

Perhaps what you are saying belongs elsewhere in the pantheon of TiddlyWiki?

Otherwise let me know
Thanks
Tony

@TiddlyTweeter

May 15, 2018, 8:08:42 PM5/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
 TonyM wrote:

...I am not sure if Importers exist but Parsers and Exporters certainly do, so I can use them.

Yes. We use them. And, obviously Importers too.

Perhaps what you are saying belongs elsewhere in the pantheon of TiddlyWiki?

In your pantheon schematic? Or generally? Where?

TonyM

May 15, 2018, 8:48:33 PM5/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Josiah,

Small question big answer "In your pantheon schematic? Or generally? Where?"

  • I currently Have a TiddlyWIki with a TWOutlier view of all the solutions, tools and a lot more. Everything I have identified so far as needing to be addressed in a comprehensive solution.
    • We could call this a schematic model.
  • I am working to turn this into a physically existing online resource. I have structured the solution so that it allows scaling and growth buy carefully dividing content into key areas.
  • The key focus however is on an appropriate "publishing" of solutions, so that they stand alone and can capture audiences in their own right, only then bringing them to discover TiddlyWiki in all its glory.
Of late I realised a "Solution" can be as little as a thought bubble through to a whole discipline. As a result a Solution may consist of few or many things.

I have come to realise the value of each and every solution being able to evolve in scale according to need. To put this in a practical way a solution may be an item in a list, in a directory of solutions, It then may have a page on a website with simple text, then it may have a social media Conversation about it and other information. Eventually it may deserve its own website or series of websites. As a result at this design phase I need to ensure this possibility.

So since these solutions can be made up of any number of TiddlyWiki Objects and some solutions will share these objects (examples at the top of this thread). I want to understand and create repositories of each object type that can be referenced in a given solution. Then once I start building solution specific resources eg; "Presentations" I can record say relevant plugins (and other objects) that can then be referenced in another solution.

Basically I am trying to take the whole tiddlywiki kit and kaboodle (universe) and reduce it to its systematic or schematic objects (analysis) so that when I reassemble it (synthesis)  there is little or no duplication of everything, and there are multiple ways to find anything in the tiddlywiki universe.

Finally one major driver of this approach is content capture and maintenance along with community development and uptake. If we do not structure this well it will be a nightmare to administer and use. I have enough nightmares.

Send me your email address in a private message, if you wish to contribute in more detail and I will invite you to a conversation about this, the conversation tool is part of this solution.

I in fact, want you to contribute because you have being a key community builder of late, raising examples and discussions.

 Regards
Tony

@TiddlyTweeter

May 16, 2018, 11:54:09 AM5/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
TonyM
Send me your email address in a private message

TonyM, I did reply via email on this two days ago.

whatever

May 16, 2018, 12:13:59 PM5/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi!
Not sure how relevant this is, since it's for TWC, but Eric's insideTW (1) lists objects in one of the lists. And his SystemInfoPlugin (2) shows TWC internals as well.

(1) http://www.tiddlytools.com/insideTW/
(2) http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#SystemInfoPlugin

TonyM

May 16, 2018, 7:27:00 PM5/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Whatever,

Thanks for the suggestion. Those point closer to software objects, although there is an overlap it not what I am after, but thanks anyway.

In someways the objects I am talking about are the ones you could trip over in a metaphorical sense. Most people will trip over a Plugin or a StyleSheet if they are using tiddlywiki.

Thanks
Tony