TiddlySmile ...

@TiddlyTweeter

May 1, 2017, 8:58:06 AM5/1/17
to TiddlyWiki
Monks on Mt. Athos live in cells alongside the bones of the previous occupant.

But what happened to the penultimate monk?

TiddlyWiki is badly needed to help them catalogue their former former colleagues.

Josiah
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

@TiddlyTweeter

May 1, 2017, 9:15:34 AM5/1/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
We received a letter from Mrs April Mackenzie of Moscow, Scotland with a question for people with more experience.

She has successfully tested porridge for taste, firmness and climpt using a TiddlyWiki...

But she had to do the testing inside a flour pancake wrap that she is concerned may be distorting the results.

So far she has not found a way to test Naked Porridge through a TiddlyWiki and would appreciate any feedback others have.

Josiah
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

@TiddlyTweeter

May 12, 2017, 11:47:34 AM5/12/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

We received an email from Ms. April Mackenzie of Oxford, Mississippi with a question for people with more experience.

She has successfully got TiddlyWiki to monitor that 30% of its workers are in agriculture. But HER interest is in notating fishing ...

Any experience others have of managing hand fishing with TiddlyWiki would be appreciated.

Josiah
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Birthe C

May 12, 2017, 12:45:55 PM5/12/17
to TiddlyWiki
Well from the photo, it sure does not look like a tiddler to me. If it is in fact a tiddler, April Mackenzie, Oxford, Mississippi may have taken part in the test by April Mackenzie, Moscow, Scotland , who testet the taste of porridge. She did not like the taste herself so fed the tiddlers porridge. How big can a tiddler grow consuming porridge?

Birthe

@TiddlyTweeter

May 12, 2017, 12:55:14 PM5/12/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
B.

You are right. That Tiddler is unnaturally LARGE.

After intensive research I should perhaps, now, inform Ms. April Mackenzie of Oxford, Mississippi, she may be living in a Radiation Zone?

J.

@TiddlyTweeter

May 22, 2017, 2:25:24 PM5/22/17
to TiddlyWiki
We received a Skype message from Miss April Mackenzie of Oxford, Queensland celebrating the completion of her first novel written using TiddlyWiki ...

The novel is exciting. And short. Here is the start, and the end ...

Exciting news brought to you by @TiddlyTweeter

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Birthe C

Jun 9, 2017, 3:58:13 PM6/9/17
to TiddlyWiki
In Oxford UK, time is passing really fast: http://tiddlywiki.com/tiddlywiki-eu-meetup-2017/wiki.html july already.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 19, 2017, 12:05:02 PM6/19/17
to TiddlyWiki
We received an email from April Mackenzie of Oxford County, Ontario, Canada asking if she could make a TiddlyWiki about the local Woodstock Festival. Given that it is near the Thames river and only 43km from London, we said YES.

Here she is, working, for us ...

Yours, @TiddlyTweeter
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Lost Admin

Jun 19, 2017, 1:28:05 PM6/19/17
to TiddlyWiki
I've been there (Woodstock, Ontario) and to London (Ontario). I don't think I've been to the Woodstock Festival. I probably should some day.

I'm happy people want to make Tiddywikis about things and events. I'm curious why people need to ask permission? Should I have asked permission for the times I've used Tiddlywiki?

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 19, 2017, 1:45:54 PM6/19/17
to TiddlyWiki
Lost Admin asked
Should I have asked permission for the times I've used Tiddlywiki?

Yes.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 28, 2017, 3:30:16 PM6/28/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
As I look up at the stars, wondering about the beautiful incandescence of Venus I realise I need to repair the roof on this TiddlyWiki field toilet. -- April Mackenzie

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Birthe C

Jun 29, 2017, 2:15:56 AM6/29/17
to TiddlyWiki
Please do not make this a multi user version with automatic upload and sharing.

Thomas Elmiger

Jun 30, 2017, 2:50:54 PM6/30/17
to TiddlyWiki
Feature request: Make it pop up an alert on the TW frontend whenever it is in use.

@Birthe: this would make it kind of multi user in a serial (as opposed to parallel) way.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 30, 2017, 3:21:53 PM6/30/17
to TiddlyWiki
@Thomas & @Birthe

A PR has been submitted for "Occupied" messaging to be standard for all TiddlyWiki FieldHuts.

Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 10, 2017, 2:22:19 PM7/10/17
to TiddlyWiki
We have received a Music Request from Ms. April Mackenzie of Oxford, Ohio,  for a Star Wars theme tune ...

We found this in our archives ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RySHDUU2juM

@TiddlyTweeter

Stephen Wilson

Jul 11, 2017, 11:45:38 AM7/11/17
to TiddlyWiki
ha ha ha ...oh dear :)

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 17, 2017, 6:24:10 PM7/17/17
to TiddlyWiki
we had a request from April Makenzie  for György Pálfi's brilliant "Final Cut: Ladies and Gentlemen" ... we not so sure its 100% TiddlyWiki. But its close, so did it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaKx_XzmBEw

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 29, 2017, 6:34:19 AM7/29/17
to TiddlyWiki
We received an email query from April Mackenzie ...

Dear TiddlyTweeter

Can you tell me how many people are working on TiddlyWiki?
I need to know for my dissertation: Effort to Impact Ratios.

Yours
April Mackenzie
Oxford College, Sydney

We replied ...

Dear April

There are five people and an intelligent cat working on TiddlyWiki. Each has ten aliases.  It looks like fifty--plus the cat. Its actually quite an effective strategy.

TW's dependency on small numbers of very keen people could be an issue, but its history shows otherwise. For your thesis you might want to note that.

Regards,
TiddlyTweeter

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 7, 2017, 1:34:07 PM8/7/17
to TiddlyWiki
We received a fax from April Mackenzie ...

Dear TiddlyTweeter
I have managed to get TiddlyWiki working with an Old Steam Radio ...

Do I win the competition?

April Mackenzie
Oxford, New Zealand

Dear April

We suggest you move away from that area pronto with our equipment.  Its barely above sea-level.

What competition?

Yours
TiddlyTweeter
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 17, 2017, 12:57:33 PM8/17/17
to TiddlyWiki
We received a request from April Mackenzie of Oxford Metals, Alaska about the fit between Sade and TiddlyWiki ...

Here it IS, BRING ME HOME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJBAvKnHpLw

TT

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 25, 2017, 8:41:15 AM8/25/17
to TiddlyWiki
"The wonderful thing about Tiddlers, is Tiddlers are wonderful things."
-- A.A. Ruston

Mark S.

Aug 25, 2017, 11:52:53 AM8/25/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ooooh. I didn't know we were allowed to make puns.

"Tiddler B, or not Tiddler B? That is the question!"
-- Bill Tiddlespeare , (c) 1604

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 12, 2017, 3:00:02 PM9/12/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
We received an email from April Mackenzie of Oxford Centre, Ljubljana asking: "Do any British Policemen enjoy TiddlyWiki as much as I do?"

Here is one playing a nice tune after having grunged his tiddlers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaSJyCkbles

Keeping you up-to-date
@TiddlyTweeter

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 18, 2017, 12:08:22 PM9/18/17
to TiddlyWiki
ZVEZDICE - NIŠKA BANJA

Serbian April Mackenzie is third from right at top left ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6SWACRwUU

The song is a brilliant Serbian one that starts ... "The public bath near Niš, hot water, for the naughty boys, a real convenience..."

@TiddlyTweeter

@TiddlyTweeter

Oct 4, 2017, 4:17:02 PM10/4/17
to TiddlyWiki
We received a telex from April Mackenzie of Oxford, New Zealand concerning the state of the current TW archives. April would consider delving them if she knew where they were.

I replied by normal email that TiddlyWiki Archives are spread over the universe of things and that Jazz music could help alleviate her Librarian's Sorrow they were not yet collected:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OSyznVDOY

@TiddlyTweeter

RichardWilliamSmith

Oct 4, 2017, 5:23:18 PM10/4/17
to TiddlyWiki
I have an archive of the Google Group if you want it. It's 1.22 Gb at the moment :)

@TiddlyTweeter

Oct 4, 2017, 5:44:35 PM10/4/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao RichardWS

I consulted with April Mackenzie. She's very interested in your archive. Especially if it covers the period 1976-1976.

She'd like to know if Mr. Ruston attended the Osibisa concert at the Apollo Theatre in that period? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_xtTI3Ssps

@TiddlyTweeter

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 10, 2017, 2:43:21 PM11/10/17
to TiddlyWiki
We received a telex from April Mackenzie of Oxford University Press, Uttar Pradesh, India

She asks ...

Q: Is this Mr Ruston in 1983 on the cover of the BUGGY CONTROL KIT?

A: It is him. I'm not fully sure if it was in 1983, 1984 or 1985.

Yours
@TiddlyTweeter
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

@TiddlyTweeter

Dec 28, 2017, 11:46:12 AM12/28/17
to TiddlyWiki
April Mackenzie of Oxford, Massachusetts wrote asking two questions ... and provided a snapshot of herself ...

Here in the Rest Home for People Exhausted By The Internet I was wondering ...

1 - IF Jeremy Ruston ever made a TiddlyWiki of his Favourite Songs?

2 - 'Cause I'm having difficulty spotting TW out in the wild I wondered if there is a catchment po(u)nd? (I READ a lot about TW but rarely get to see the animal actually doing work.)

FYI, here I am with Simon, my personal TW Assistant ...

Give my regards to Simon!

April, in truth, I fear you will be dead before I can answer your questions properly.

I agree it would be nice to SEE more TW in the wild but most of them are personal secrets between the makers and themselves. I'm just as guilty of not going public as, I think, are you :-).

Mr Ruston does listen to music, I think. Maybe one day he'll author a list of tunes.

Happy MA New Year April!
@TiddlyTweeter, x
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 15, 2018, 2:53:07 PM3/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
April Mackenzie of Oxford, Nova Scotia wrote us a telegraphic epistle...

There was a young woman called Vicki
who liked to play with her Wiki.
  When she went to a show
  that was under the snow
her Tiddler was munched by a hippie.

She has a book coming out later in the year ...

@tiddlytweeter

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 13, 2018, 9:54:51 AM4/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
Tiddly BAFTA ...

Thanks to: @EvanBalster ... tree stare expert...

@TiddlyTweeter
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

@TiddlyTweeter

May 15, 2018, 2:31:12 PM5/15/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
When I think "#TiddlyWiki" I think of the beauty of ALICE'S RESTAURANT

I cannot tell a lie that on the telephonic system... I was immediately arrested for using a handset 7 years after its

demise ...

But all sorts of mean, nasty things were happening with poetic licence.

Next to me on the bench were father rapers, Wiki Utopians, and Cyril Burt, the Moss Masseur of Pimlico.

I was released without charge.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 5, 2018, 12:49:18 PM9/5/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
April Mackenzie of some hospital in Oxford UK is much involved in research into Oxytocin usage during caesarian section.

She wrote asking "If patients had access to TiddlyWiki during labour might it reduce the need for Oxytocin usage?"

Are there are any doctors here who could answer her?

Ste Wilson

Sep 5, 2018, 2:43:45 PM9/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
:)

Mat

Sep 5, 2018, 6:13:19 PM9/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
The paper, currently under review for Biosemantic Journal, describes how genes were divided into so called "tiddlers". These small and biologically meaningful chunks of DNA can then be reassembled to create arbitrary genomic structures. "Tags" and similar meta-data is dispersed onto the structures. By letting the structures self-assemble, spontaneous groups of meta-data form and create a new level of information. Researchers are currrently investigating if permutations of these can be considered new life forms.

Dr. April Mackenzie will not reply to questions at this stage in the process.

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 8, 2018, 6:58:18 AM11/8/18
to TiddlyWiki
April Mackenzie wrote in earnest ...

"I can't get my TiddlyWiki to work on my Blackberry.

Any suggestions to solve this issue?"

@TiddlyTweeter

Dec 24, 2018, 8:06:23 AM12/24/18
to TiddlyWiki
April Mackenzie of Oxford Worldwide Group in South Salt Lake, Utah was wondering whether TiddlyWiki could activate a switch such that Demina could be converted to Demono?

@TiddlyTweeter

Jan 7, 2019, 7:50:43 AM1/7/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
April Mackenzie wrote me an in/enquire from The Oriental Institute, Oxford, UK...

"Can TiddlyWiki predict the Brexit outcome?"

I replied:

Dear April in May May may.

Best wishes
Orthogonal

Mohammad

Jan 7, 2019, 11:38:36 AM1/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
:-)

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 1, 2019, 2:46:37 PM4/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
April Mackenzie visited me to study TiddlyWiki

We had a great time looking at macros ...

Annotation 2019-04-01 203740.jpg

After lunch we looked at the latest pre-release ...

Annotation 2019-04-01 203448.jpg

April is intrigued by the latest TiddlyWiki.

Best wishes
Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 6, 2019, 12:10:52 PM4/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
April Mackenzie has a squirrel who is also looking for solutions ...

Annotation 2019-04-06 180220.jpghj67

April spends a lot of her time in the bush gardening and observing.

She is interested in TW as an Observation Notator.

That was Record 34hj67.

Best wishes
Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 8, 2019, 6:13:43 AM6/8/19
to TiddlyWiki
Jim MacKenzie escaped from prison in Oxford..

April is worried.

Should she make a TiddlyWiki about it? Or is her heart still with him?

Serious questions

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 3, 2019, 8:28:15 AM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
We received a message from April Mackenzie of Oxford, New Zealand. She asks ...

Dear TT

Thank you for the onions.

I was wondering if in the upcoming  5.1.23 I will be able to automate the feeding of my gerbils when I am on holiday?

 Yours, April

Dear April

I'm not sure. 5.1.23 may still not be able to do that, though it will be close.

You may want to look at Bob, that is already gerbil friendly.

Yours as ever
TT

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 25, 2019, 5:00:44 PM9/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
April Mackenzie of Oxford Nova Scotia asked ...

         Does TW embrace anti-gobal warming?

Interesting question. I refer to people on GitHub like PMario who have major opinions on stuff.

Meanwhile a song by Missy Higgins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ4otErUAwc

TT

TonyM

Sep 26, 2019, 6:10:21 AM9/26/19
to TiddlyWiki
Tell April I did start a wiki for the sustainable development goals.

I will finish it if she wants

Tony

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 28, 2019, 7:05:55 AM9/28/19
to TiddlyWiki
April replied to me ...

"Thank TonyM for his interest & enthusiasm!
The weather here in Nova Scotia is very different than Oz, so I don't want to cause him work.
I notice Tony is very busy on multiple fronts.
I don't want to demand anything, let me struggle on."
-- April MacKenzie

TiddlyTweeter

Jan 18, 2020, 7:43:07 AM1/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
April Mackenzie of  Oxford, New Zealand  wrote to me concerning Tiddler Commander.

She wondered whether it could help her grow vegetables ...

9YkBgu9HbgTEScMw5puZQS.jpg

April awaits your comments.
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Feb 24, 2020, 3:02:34 PM2/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
April Mackenzie wrote to me concerning onion growth in Nebworth. Apparently a rampant Onion is invading the area after Peter Matlock generated the Super-Onion in nearby Bebwoth County ...

giant-onion.jpg

April has a TiddlyWiki that tracks onion growths locally but is having difficulties now keeping up with rampant girth growth in her area.

Any support appreciated and will be passed on to her.

Ste Wilson

Feb 24, 2020, 3:40:20 PM2/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
:)

PMario

Feb 24, 2020, 7:32:16 PM2/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ahh, OK. I have to buy a bigger knife!
-m

CJ Veniot

Feb 24, 2020, 9:34:40 PM2/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Man o' man, all I can think of: oh-so-awesome blooming onion kitchen party.

Ste Wilson

May 10, 2020, 8:07:23 AM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki

April Mackenzie of Oxford, (nr Seoul) has written to me to say. 'I was enjoying the fine weather. and had all the windows open while I was tiddlywiking, as I was typing a recursive Transcluded tripple filtered for purity tiddler something like the attached picture appeared on my screen. Can you please ask Jeremy if this is a bug?

p16rnr812atce1abp1lll1f885g06.jpg

TiddlyTweeter

May 22, 2020, 11:26:45 AM5/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
April MacKenzie of Oxford 2 (Cambridge) UK wrote to me about the ultimate origin of Tiddlers. It is in Norfolk in the ancient town of TiddlyVille, around 1742. Though expunged from historical records the Roaming Tiddler successfully spawned across the whole mid-belt of the UK canal system and encouraged the first generation of Otter Enthusiasm, later a cult.

It's important to map where our home was ...

Annotation 2020-05-22 122107.jpg

Lost to history but recorded astutely by Prenderghast under the eupemism "fish" about 30 years later.
.

Annotation 2020-05-22 121246.jpg

I am thankful for April's scrupulous research into our origins.

TT

Birthe C

May 22, 2020, 11:50:47 AM5/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
TT and April,

Are we supposed to be able to see the maps?

Birthe

TiddlyTweeter

May 22, 2020, 12:10:20 PM5/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
Yep. One map. One slogan.

If still missing in an hour tell me.

Sometimes GG images don't get loaded.

TT

Birthe C

May 22, 2020, 1:01:42 PM5/22/20
to TiddlyWiki
TT,

Thank you...I see them now. Do not want to miss out on important stuff ;-D

Birthe

Ste

Aug 4, 2020, 2:18:34 PM8/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
April Mic'nZee of Oxford, New Oxford, has written into complain about a plugin name.

April writes,

I am displeased by the title of the plugin 'JSON mangler'. My little Timmy mangled his JSON and it was a night in A and E and five stitches!

A cautionary tale and we all hope little Timmy has recovered.

Birthe C

Aug 4, 2020, 4:26:56 PM8/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Did April record the sound from little Timmy? Maybe it cold be used for the timers instead of that modal. I think that could scare us into finish work in time.
Do you think April would implement the TimmyTimer to honour little Timmy.

Birthe

TiddlyTweeter

Jan 7, 2021, 12:49:31 PM1/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
April Mackenzie, currently living in Virtual Oxford, wrote to me wondering if TiddlyWiki was changing her name to something other, like "TWemex".

I assured her that, once Covid settles down, all will get clearer.

TT
Message has been deleted