VCF Import Tiddler Quandary

Qalisto

Nov 24, 2019, 5:36:29 PM11/24/19
to TiddlyWiki

From:  https://tid.li/tw5/hacks.html  I found a potentially very useful Tiddler for creation of a CONTACTS Tiddler.

It is:      $:/plugins/telmiger/contacts/qr-tid

But upon import in the dedicated TW5 file, it imports but does not show in the    Control Panel > Plugins window.

Also, the below Import window begs the question:  should the "Import Preview" selection be Text / Diff / Fields etc ??

Not clear as to which to select for the Import of this "utility Tiddler".  But I tried both the default Text and Fields as separate imports and even though Importation does not produce an ERROR msg, I see no resulting existence of the Tiddler in the Plugins after a refresh.

What am I doing wrong?

Mark S.

Nov 25, 2019, 12:31:47 AM11/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
You're importing a single tiddler, not an entire plugin.

It doesn't matter what preview is used.

Just press "import" and then a tiddler should appear with the name of the imported tiddler. Click on the name to navigate to the imported tiddler.

You might want to change the name of the tiddler since it is no longer part of a plugin and since, as a system tiddler ($:/...) it will be hidden from the "recent" list.

Good luck

TonyM

Nov 25, 2019, 2:01:25 AM11/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Although the tiddler is named as a plugin it is not, if you open it, it has no field plugin-type = plugin
It is however tagged as a macro and you can used the macros defined with "\define "

Tony

Thomas Elmiger

Nov 27, 2019, 4:12:20 PM11/27/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi, I am sorry for the confusion.

I guess when I was hacking this together I had the ambition to turn it into a plugins at some time in the future. But that future never came.

All the best,
Thomas