Alternatives to the fullscreen editor plugin?

si

Jun 23, 2020, 6:11:27 PM6/23/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I've been using http://j.d.fullscreen.tiddlyspot.com/, but it doesn't seem to work with v5.22 (you can't save the edited tiddler).

Are there any alternatives out there?

Edit: I know about the CodeMirror Fullscreen plugin, but unfortunately CodeMirror doesn't work with Edit-CompText, which I rely on all the time. If anyone knows of an alternative to Edit-CompText that does work with CodeMirror I'd love to hear it.

Mark S.

Jun 23, 2020, 6:15:35 PM6/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
What about the code mirror fullscreen plugin?

si

Jun 23, 2020, 6:19:36 PM6/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ahh I should have mentioned that. CodeMirror doesn't work with Edit-CompText, which is probably the plugin I use the most

If you know of an alternative to Edit-CompText that does I'd love to know about it!

Saq Imtiaz

Jun 23, 2020, 6:25:40 PM6/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
I remember looking at this briefly when I first added a second story to TiddlyBlink.

IIRC, the EditTemplate in the plugin is missing the save-tiddler-actions.

You could try copying them from $:/core/ui/EditTemplate to the top of the EditTemplate in the plugin.
Hopefully I remember those details correctly but it should be something very close to that.

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 23, 2020, 7:23:34 PM6/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
I'd try find him and ask him.

I think that editor was only an experiment. He maybe would be pleased to push it on into longer term stability.

Since then he has done a lot of work in the TW eBook version. He is a skilled TW programmer.

Best wishes
TT

si

Jun 24, 2020, 12:48:39 PM6/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
IIRC, the EditTemplate in the plugin is missing the save-tiddler-actions.

You could try copying them from $:/core/ui/EditTemplate to the top of the EditTemplate in the plugin.
Hopefully I remember those details correctly but it should be something very close to that.

Yep this works, thanks a lot!

I'd try find him and ask him.

I'm not sure how I could do that beyond just posting here, which is what JD suggests on his site. Hopefully he sees this post.