Two ideas for hiding and expanding

David Gifford

Dec 20, 2019, 9:56:06 AM12/20/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi everyone

I came up with two solutions this morning for needs that I had:

1) a toggle button in viewing mode that hides / reveals content in the tiddler text, hidden by CSS
2) a row of toggle buttons that hide / reveal elements of the edittemplate (title, tags, type, field, and custom user content), in order to maximize screen real estate for editing.

Open invitation and encouragement for someone here to refine either of these and turn it into a plugin.

Blessings, Dave

TonyM

Dec 20, 2019, 7:23:30 PM12/20/19
to TiddlyWiki
Dave

Thanks for sharing your work. Can I suggest you reverse the order of label and checkbox's?

In my view this also a little more intuitive for settings, rather than say in a task list.

Regards
Tony

Mohammad

Dec 20, 2019, 10:40:24 PM12/20/19
to TiddlyWiki
Good job David!
May be you could add a button for custom to go to full screen editor!

--Mohammad

A Gloom

Dec 21, 2019, 12:48:43 PM12/21/19
to TiddlyWiki
Nifty feature-- instead of a plugin, perhaps a template?

Along the lines of Mohammad's suggestion-- a in-tiddler button-- actually the stock button to hide the sidebar...

<$reveal state="$:/state/sidebar" type="nomatch" text="no">
<$button set="$:/state/sidebar" setTo="no" tooltip={{$:/language/Buttons/HideSideBar/Hint}} aria-label={{$:/language/Buttons/HideSideBar/Caption}} class="tc-btn-invisible">{{$:/core/images/chevron-right}}</$button>
</$reveal>
<$reveal state="$:/state/sidebar" type="match" text="no">
<$button set="$:/state/sidebar" setTo="yes" tooltip={{$:/language/Buttons/ShowSideBar/Hint}} aria-label={{$:/language/Buttons/ShowSideBar/Caption}} class="tc-btn-invisible">{{$:/core/images/chevron-left}}</$button>
</$reveal>

David Gifford

Dec 21, 2019, 1:48:27 PM12/21/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Nice suggestions! When I get a little time...doing holiday stuff right now...

Mohammad

Dec 21, 2019, 4:09:25 PM12/21/19
to TiddlyWiki
Useful addition!

A Gloom

Dec 21, 2019, 8:48:48 PM12/21/19
to TiddlyWiki
Glad to be occasional help (usually of no help cause of irrevelance)

Feliz Navidad, be safe

David Gifford

Dec 25, 2019, 11:57:43 AM12/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi everyone

Merry Christmas!

Instead of updating the original file posted, I uploaded a new file with the changes mentioned by Tony M and A Gloom. I am not sure if A Gloom's fix answers Mohammad's query or not.