Announcement: A small horizontal timeline

Mohammad

Jul 29, 2019, 11:38:54 AM7/29/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The attached is a macro and demo showing horizontal timeline in Tiddlywiki!
The demo files can be removed and what you need is hr/macro hr/css that is all!

The timeline shows a text block with several blue button below the block!
click on each button shows the content of that tiddler respectively!
It is possible to show the dates instead of numbers!

It can handle up to 10 tiddlers in the timeline

Send your feedback. I will later publish it on Github

--Mohammad

small-hr-timeline.png

hr-timeline.json

Mohammad

Jul 29, 2019, 12:10:57 PM7/29/19
to TiddlyWiki
resend for minor issues!
hr-timeline.json

Mat

Jul 29, 2019, 12:14:05 PM7/29/19
to TiddlyWiki
(So I take it you solved the fading line issue then)

Thanks for sharing Mohammad.

<:-)

Pit.W.

Jul 29, 2019, 12:21:52 PM7/29/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Mohammad,

Sir,

thats cool. I dont know how to use it at the moment, but its lightweight, smooth and easy to handle.
I am shure, this will come in handy...

Thanks again - as many times before - for contributing, Sir,

Pi.W

Ihre E-Mail-Postfächer sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de

Mohammad

Jul 29, 2019, 12:29:23 PM7/29/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mat,
 I am working on it and seems the mechanism for this macro can be simpler!

--Mohammad

On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 8:44:05 PM UTC+4:30, Mat wrote:
(So I take it you solved the fading line issue then)

I am testing on TW .20 online and it works!
Something is wrong in my own copy of TW 5.1.21!

Thanks for your help.

Mohammad

Jul 29, 2019, 12:31:58 PM7/29/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Pi. W,
 I have given one example to show quotes! here you have everything in one tiddler and by clicking you see the content in middle of tiddler!
One application I am working is horizontal timeline in TW.

Thanks for your feedback

Mohammad

On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 8:51:52 PM UTC+4:30, Pit.W. wrote:

Mohammad,

Sir,

thats cool. I dont know how to use it at the moment, but its lightweight, smooth and easy to handle.
I am shure, this will come in handy...

Thanks again - as many times before - for contributing, Sir,

Pi.W

Am 29.07.2019 um 18:10 schrieb Mohammad:
resend for minor issues!

On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 8:08:54 PM UTC+4:30, Mohammad wrote:
The attached is a macro and demo showing horizontal timeline in Tiddlywiki!
The demo files can be removed and what you need is hr/macro hr/css that is all!

The timeline shows a text block with several blue button below the block!
click on each button shows the content of that tiddler respectively!
It is possible to show the dates instead of numbers!

It can handle up to 10 tiddlers in the timeline

Send your feedback. I will later publish it on Github

--Mohammad

small-hr-timeline.png

Birthe C

Jul 29, 2019, 2:20:21 PM7/29/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad,

Looks nice. But how big a screen do I need to have the cirkels horizontal? (I am using laptop).

The first 4 cirkels on line, the 5th below the first one.

Birthe

Mohammad

Jul 29, 2019, 2:27:41 PM7/29/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Birthe,
 This is experimental, I am working on it and will share it soon!
Wait please!

Note: the max-width in CSS control that.

--Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 30, 2019, 1:56:26 PM7/30/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad

Its pretty clear you know what you are doing! (which is a lot more than I do :)

All I want to do is say "yes".

Best wishes
Josiah

Mohammad

Jul 30, 2019, 3:31:48 PM7/30/19
to TiddlyWiki
Your feedback and great ideas always are helpful.

Thank you
Mohammad

Mohammad

Aug 2, 2019, 12:31:13 PM8/2/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
A new version is coming!

Thanks to the great features of TW 5.1.20

This is an example of how TW can be used like JS in generating dynamic CSS!

Cheers
Mohammad

hr-timeline01.png

hr-timeline02.png

A Gloom

Aug 2, 2019, 6:29:12 PM8/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad!

I can't keep up with all your nifty stuff!  That's not a complaint, but a good thing-- you'll keep me bust for a long time : )

Mohammad

Aug 3, 2019, 3:26:07 AM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
 I am happy you like these stuff!

Cheers
Mohammad

TonyM

Aug 3, 2019, 4:41:05 AM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad

One word

Beautiful.

We must do a history of computing ending with its peak at tiddlywiki of course.

Regards
Tony

Mohammad

Aug 3, 2019, 6:44:13 AM8/3/19