Close tiddlers by tag...

Jan

Dec 21, 2016, 7:18:38 PM12/21/16
to tiddlyWiki
Hej!
A question for a tool to reorder the Story which i called rearranger and
published on http://slidesnstories.tiddlyspot.com/#About%20the%20Rearranger

Is there a trick to close all Tiddlers who do not have the tag ReArrange
(after resetting the storylist) in one button?

This here doe s not seem to work...

<$button set="$:/StoryList!!list" setTo={{!!list}}>
<$list filter="[list[$:/StoryList!!list]!tag[ReArrange]]">
<$fieldmangler>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-close-tiddler"/>
</$fieldmangler>
</$list>
apply new order</$button>

Thanks a lot
Jan

Mark S.

Dec 21, 2016, 8:57:17 PM12/21/16
to TiddlyWiki
This version seems to work -- but it takes a different approach. It closes all tiddlers (except the one with the button) and then re-opens all the tiddlers that match the critieria. In the end, it closes itself (the button tiddler). I think attempting to close tiddlers in a <$list> causes problems because it means the $:/Storylist is changing right in the middle of an action. The results when I tried it that way were irregular.

<$button>PUSH 2
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-close-other-tiddlers" />
<$list filter="[list[]tag[ReArrange]]">
<$action-navigate $to=<
<currentTiddler>>/>
</$list>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-close-tiddler" param=<
<currentTiddler>> />
</$button>

Tobias Beer

Dec 22, 2016, 2:34:55 AM12/22/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jan,

It sounds like you're modifying the actual tiddlers in the story
when doing nothing but rearrange them.
This doesn't sound architecturally right.
You' be wanting to change some temporary
"rearrange current story" tiddlers but not the actual tiddlers
that are displayed in the story.
In other words, the only thing you should be concerned changing
is your current story, not the tiddlers in it.

Best wishes,

Tobias.

Jan

Dec 22, 2016, 5:10:47 AM12/22/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tobias,
I know this is quite a dirty workaround, but as far as i know it is the only way to rearrange tiddlers by drag and drop using Bj's Taglist Plugin.
Applying the new order works  fine when the last action was dragging tiddlers because this modifies the the list below the taglist to what is shown.
If you do an archtecturally correct approach to reorder the story, it would be highly appreciated.

Best wishes, Jan

Jan

Dec 22, 2016, 5:23:54 AM12/22/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this Idea. The Problem with this approach is that the order is completely reversed...since the main goal of this tool is to reorder the story, it is not yet what I need.

Best wishes Jan

Jed Carty

Dec 22, 2016, 5:54:51 AM12/22/16
to TiddlyWiki
It doesn't look like it would be hard to modify the drag-n-drop plugin to accept an arbitrary filter instead of just accepting a tag. Then you would be able to do this using just list fields in temporary tiddlers instead of modifying the tiddlers you want to move. I need to look a bit closer at the drag and drop code.

Mark S.

Dec 22, 2016, 9:10:54 AM12/22/16
to TiddlyWiki
Just put in !sort[] ([list[]tag[ReArrange]!sort[]]). Or change how your tiddlers open. If your tiddlers open with new on top (default) then the order is reversed. Change the order to open on bottom, and it should be sorted OK.

Mark

Jan

Dec 22, 2016, 3:04:35 PM12/22/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jed,
It would solve a lot of problems if we were able to apply  drag-n-drop to [[Storylist!!list]].
Please try it!
Jan

Am 22.12.2016 um 11:54 schrieb Jed Carty:
It doesn't look like it would be hard to modify the drag-n-drop plugin to accept an arbitrary filter instead of just accepting a tag. Then you would be able to do this using just list fields in temporary tiddlers instead of modifying the tiddlers you want to move. I need to look a bit closer at the drag and drop code.

Jan

Dec 22, 2016, 3:06:03 PM12/22/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mark,
thanks a lot...as you can see in this example http://drilldown.tiddlyspot.com/#Boskop:%5B%5BRearranger%20Closer%20Test%5D%5D%20%5B%5BWhat's%20next%3F%5D%5D%20Vegetable%20Boskop%20%5B%5BGolden%20Delicious%5D%5D%20%5B%5BOld%20Variants%5D%5D, unfortunately the order remains arbitrary. Use the Rearranger to change the order and then push Push2...

Jan

Mark S.

Dec 22, 2016, 3:44:27 PM12/22/16
to TiddlyWiki
I see. Try swapping "reverse[]" for "!sort[]"

Jan

Dec 22, 2016, 5:54:56 PM12/22/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mark,
wow, this does the job. Now it's a perfect workaround...
Thanks a lot...
And now a heretic question: If I change to opening the tiddlers at the bottom? Simply sort[] again seems to have arbitrary results...
Jan

Mark S.

Dec 22, 2016, 6:02:14 PM12/22/16
to TiddlyWiki
In that case you would take out "reverse[]" entirely (since it doesn't need to be reversed).

I suppose someone could use a reveal widget to expose the right kind of button depending on the tiddler opening configuration.

Mark

Jan

Dec 22, 2016, 6:46:54 PM12/22/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark!
You guessed my idea. This will be the most customerfirendly solution...
Check it out...it working!
Jan