A Javascript Macro-Builder?

Josiah

Nov 30, 2016, 12:16:56 PM11/30/16
to TiddlyWiki
Cari,

As I look at this group over time I see again and again need for macros ...

I assume they have a formal logical structure.

Am I an idiot in thinking that it might be possible to build a point and click Macro-Builder?

Just a thought
Josiah

PMario

Nov 30, 2016, 6:06:02 PM11/30/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah,

I assume they have a formal logical structure.

Yes tiddly wiki - wikitext.

----

I don't think that's doable, with a reasonable amount of work.

Macros are basically "text snippets". That seems to be simple. ... BUT ... They can be as "simple" as the "tag" macro or as advanced as the "TOC" macros.

http://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2FAdvancedSearch:%24%3A%2FAdvancedSearch%20%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fmacros%2Ftoc%20%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fmacros%2Ftag%20%5B%5BCore%20Macros%5D%5D%20Macros

So a general purpose Macro-Builder would be a "point and click" application, that would be able to rebuild the TW UI out of nothing. (kind of).

mario

Josiah

Dec 2, 2016, 11:11:41 AM12/2/16
to TiddlyWiki
Mario

Thanks for your reply. Its clarifying.

One of the things I been playing with is using external tools to construct TWs (mainly using an intelligent regular expression engine). Given that TW's are just text its very easy to pre-process TW content this way. Maybe there could be a way of constructing some types of macros through that too. I'm not sure yet.

Best wishes
Josiah