Will the tiddlywiki become very lag when added so many images into it?

Zhe Lee

Sep 8, 2020, 4:13:55 AM9/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
I like to use image and icon in the tiddlers. As the time goes by these will occupy a lot of space. I wonder if this situation will make the tiddly slower?  I can't tolerance lag with TiddlyWiki.

TW Tones

Sep 8, 2020, 4:33:02 AM9/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Zhe,

This is all about the size and number of your images. SVG and icons usually don't add much, if you use photos, png jpeg compressed images and keep their size down you can go a long way.

However it all depends on if its single file wiki, or node version or if you can use the method to externalise them (via canonical URL) or use skinny tiddlers, and how many you include.

Tiddlywiki can handle large volumes of images but you have to implement it according to the volume and size of YOUR images. This is also unavoidable on any website.

Regards
Tony

Zhe Lee

Sep 8, 2020, 8:18:20 AM9/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Gotcha thank you for your advice. : )

talha131

Sep 9, 2020, 8:17:09 AM9/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
Zhe I have asked this question twice in the past and experimented with different options. You can read my conclusion, and responses to my question here