Is there any draw.io plugins for tiddly wiki?

Evgeniy Degtyar

Jun 29, 2018, 5:31:31 AM6/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
Now I'm using iframe embedding for placing diagrams in tiddlers.
I would be cool to edit diagrams right in tiddler and save changes without internet and copy/pasting.
I'm trying to figure out is there any possibilities to create such plugin. But decided to ask first.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 29, 2018, 6:57:06 AM6/29/18
to TiddlyWiki

Martian

Jun 29, 2018, 8:02:10 AM6/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
I wish there were plugins for such diagram js libs as well

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 29, 2018, 8:19:56 AM6/29/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Martian

I agree. There is a natural harmony between simple WikiText and nice diagrams that is in theory possible.

The issue is you need to get a programmer interested in doing the conversion.

FYI, there was a really good thread that raised it here before in some detail: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/7Za1WXrcSMs/UBF_B280BgAJ

On the other hand there ARE several diagramming systems already that go a long way towards it in TW.

Best wishes
Josiah

Evgeniy Degtyar

Jun 29, 2018, 8:52:55 AM6/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
Is that what you want?

http://tobibeer.github.io/tw5-plugins/#plantuml

Malloc1024

Jul 12, 2018, 9:21:06 AM7/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
In theory, I'd love to see a specifically draw.io plugin where I could import a draw.io XML file and have tiddlywiki reach out to draw.io to render it when the tiddler is opened. This way the xml file could be saved in the wiki.

Jeremy Ruston

Jul 12, 2018, 9:33:50 AM7/12/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Malloc

In theory, I'd love to see a specifically draw.io plugin where I could import a draw.io XML file and have tiddlywiki reach out to draw.io to render it when the tiddler is opened. This way the xml file could be saved in the wiki.

Have you tried the file -> embed -> iframe option? It seems to work fine in TW.

The embed code actually embeds the diagram source in the code; it's not stored on draw.io's servers. With a bit of work, one could therefore write a TW macro that takes the text of a diagram from a tiddler and encodes it suitably to construct the iframe URL.

Best wishes

Jeremy

image1.png

https://support.typora.io/Draw-Diagrams-With-Markdown/

On Friday, 29 June 2018 12:31:31 UTC+3, Evgeniy Degtyar wrote:
Now I'm using iframe embedding for placing diagrams in tiddlers.
I would be cool to edit diagrams right in tiddler and save changes without internet and copy/pasting.
I'm trying to figure out is there any possibilities to create such plugin. But decided to ask first.

Malloc1024

Jul 12, 2018, 9:49:40 AM7/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
I can copy paste from draw.io fine, and is my current method. I can even write a script that grabs the data from a specific folder if it notices a change and imports it into my node.js tiddlywiki automatically. What I currently can't do is write a macro to turn that imported xml file into the code required to embed it. Maybe I'll have time to tackle that next year...