Tabs Macro Default Tab

Reaktorblue

Apr 23, 2020, 12:58:49 AM4/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
I created a task list based on the concepts from TiddlyPack but I'm running into where the default tab is never selected. In TiddlyPack, I think it's the following snippet that sets the default tab, via the default parameter, correct?

@@.tabsstyle
<$macrocall $name="tabs" tabsList="[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/TiddlyPack]!has[draft.of]sort[list]]+[nsort[sort]]" default={{$:/config/TiddlyPack/Default}}/>
@@

I was not able to find the $:/config/TiddlyPack/Default tiddler in TiddlyPack but it seems to work there, just not on a brand new TW 5.1.22. I noticed that TiddlyPack is using 5.1.14, would this be why it's correctly selecting a default tab but it's not doing it for me on a newer version?

Is there a way to fix it so that a tab is selected without explicitly defining that tab to use as the default? Ideally, I think I'd like to have it select the first tab by default and then maybe default to the last tab viewed.

Also, what exactly do the double curly brackets indicate for the default parameter?

TonyM

Apr 23, 2020, 1:13:20 AM4/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Reaktor Blue,

{{$:/config/TiddlyPack/Default}}

Says to transclude the value in the $:/config/TiddlyPack/Default text field if you create that tiddler and put in the full tiddler title of the tab you want as default, it should work

I am not using TiddlyPack but perhaps you can share a link?

Regards
Tony

Reaktorblue

Apr 23, 2020, 1:24:14 AM4/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony,

I did include a link for TiddlyPack in my OP but in case it didn't work, it can be found at http://tw5-suitcase.tiddlyspot.com/

Something told me that the double curly braces was to transclude that tiddler but I wasn't sure because I couldn't locate that tiddler anywhere however, TiddlyPack's default tab does seem to work. I can select any tab and refresh the page and a tab is selected by default on refresh. The first time it was the first tab and subsequent times it was the last tab I had selected.

Now, when I try to replicate this in an empty TW, it doesn't seem to work. I could most certainly get away with hard-coding the default tab for the project I'm working on since I won't have any more than 4 or 5 tabs at most but, I'd like to still learn how to do it, if possible.

TonyM

Apr 23, 2020, 1:51:47 AM4/23/20
to TiddlyWiki

Reaktorblue

Sorry I missed that.
TiddlyPack is
TiddlyWiki version:5.1.14
I believe default sidebar tab has being provided since then.

In Any empty.htm the tiddler $:/core/ui/SideBarSegments/tabs dosplays the sidebar
In that you can see the default value is set in $:/config/DefaultSidebarTab
And this can be found with advanced search in $:/core/ui/ControlPanel/Settings/DefaultSidebarTab

So We discover that looking in Control Panel > Settings > Default Sidebar Tab
is where we set this. The Tab Must already exist to do this.

Note the drop down list is the caption of the side bar tab not its tiddler name.

Is that what you were after?

Regards
Tony

Peter Buyze

Apr 23, 2020, 2:22:06 AM4/23/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Tiddlypack is a plug-in produced by Birthe, an active member of the community. That's why I put it in the title of the message to draw her attention to it.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

23 Apr 2020, 08:24 by reakt...@gmail.com: